Brunel built the Great Western Railway 150 years ago. And trains are just as important today.
Just as Brunel did, we want to set new standards and transform the way our customers think about rail travel. We’re bringing back his ideals to deliver a 21st century railway we can all be proud of.
With the help of our partners at Network Rail, billions of pounds are being spent transforming the Great Western Mainline.
Key routes are being electrified. Stations are being modernised. And we're working on one of the biggest fleet upgrades in the country. Here are just some of the highlights:
- Our largest ever investment in new and upgraded trains
- 9,600 more seats across our network every day by 2018
- More direct trains for Devon and Cornwall
- Faster services between London and Oxford, South Wales, Bristol and the South West
- £50 million invested in better customer information, CCTV and car parking at our stations
- A £2.2 million fund to support service and station development in areas of social need.