Graduate Opportunities in Commercial or Business Functions
We’re looking for innovative thinkers and future leaders to join us on an incredible journey; joining a two-year programme in commercial or other business function within a FirstGroup company today, will provide you with the opportunity to open endless doors for you tomorrow. We’ve specifically designed a balance of learning and hands-on experience to give you everything you need to succeed. With programmes in our finance, commercial, or marketing functions, in either our Rail or Bus divisions you’ll have the chance to make a real difference for the millions who use our services every single day. Wherever you want to end up, there really isn’t a better place to start than here.
Having already gained an excellent commercial awareness and business understanding through your degree, we want to see you get stuck in from day one. You’ll be ready to take on challenges as they arise, thinking creatively to improve how we work. No two days are the same on these programmes, and your adaptability will come in handy as you work within teams various locations within a Bus region or Rail network. Your ability to see the bigger picture is important, too, as your decisions will have a real impact and will add value to our operation.
If you’re a talented and passionate graduate ready to step into a fast-paced working environment, the only other things we’ll need from you are:
- At least a 2:2 (2:1 for Finance roles) degree in business, finance, accounting, business administration, marketing or other relevant subjects. See the vacancy listing for further details.
- To be curious, enthusiastic and passionate about understanding how our business operates and how you can help us achieve our goals.
- Ideally, to have some business, commercial or finance experience through previous work, internship or volunteering experience.
- To be a natural team worker who builds strong relationships at every level.
- An understanding that safety and our customers should be at the heart of everything you do.
- The ambition to drive your own career development.
In return, you can expect great rewards and benefits – we look after our people – plus loads of training and learning delivered on the job, through feedback and coaching, and via formal training.
We’ll provide you with everything you need to succeed today so that you can lead the next generation tomorrow.
FirstGroup today, Business Manager tomorrow?