Electrical Design Engineer
The role will suit someone seeking to join a dynamic innovative technology team that want to deliver world leading technology on the railways. A team player, willing to learn and share, to spend time designing, working with supplier and actually building things. They will be willing to travel and understand the different ways of working in different countries. They are committed to excellence in all they do from writing procedures to overseeing work, to being part of the evo rail team. They want to share and challenge ideas to help make evo rail even better and are willing to help out in areas that are not specific to the role.
Role and Responsibilities
The role will lead the design, development, and deployment of the optimal electrical designs to ensure we can deploy track to train services across the world. This role will cover train, track side, station electrical design as well as developing renewable solution used to power Rail 5G.
The role will be a mix of design, design validation, setting standards and some hands-on survey work and prototype deployment. The ideal candidate will have skills that expand beyond just Electrical engineering and will have a willingness to contribute to the overall technology innovation, design and delivery.
Key elements of the role:
- Assist in the detailed planning and execution of evo rail infrastructure installations on track and on train.
- Validate, test and challenge supplier's designs and deployment plans
- Attending all necessary engineering meetings both internally and externally.
- Ensuring that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Develop and understand industry best practices and apply these to evo-rails technology strategy and design
- Develop and drive the deployment of renewable powered solutions.
- Contribute to the creation and updating of policies and procedures
- Undertaking electrical surveys of sites as required and proposing likely works to the wider construction team for discussion and agreement.
- Conduct outline design and detailing of rail electrical infrastructure providing accurate and appropriate imagery. Producing details specifications and calculations for power upgrades, lighting schemes, earthing schemes & point heating etc.
- Producing accurate designers risk assessments using a wide variety of forms.
- Submission of quality design documents in accordance with NR/L2/ELP/27311, collating the key components as appropriate for inclusion.
- Preparing E&P information as required in support of business bid activities.
Desirable Qualifications and experience
- Driving licence.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway E&P projects.
- Sentinel - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services - Electrical Installation
- Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation
- Level 3 Award in Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installation
- Level 3 in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- Good attention to detail
- Good working knowledge and previous experience of industry standard software packages
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD.
- Excellent knowledge of aspects of E&P engineering as applied to railway infrastructure projects.
- An understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- An understanding and appreciation of applicable NR standards.
- Demonstrable experience within the rail market.
- Understanding of telecoms and/or radio engineering
- Company:Evolutionary Rail Ltd
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:Waterhouse Square, London - Evo