Assistant Operations Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Operations Manager (x3) to join our Operations department on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Operations Manager to lead a team of people managers (across depots).
You will also help lead cultural change activity across First Glasgow operational depot teams which will realise our ambition of becoming a truly people centric and, ultimately, a customer centric business.
The Day to Day
- Supporting, and if/when appropriate, deputising for the Operations Manager (Glasgow) to ensure consistency is delivered and success is achieved as a team.
- Collaborate with Assistant Operations Management and wider First Bus colleagues, adopting a high-challenge/high-support culture.
- Act as a role model and champion for a culture of high standards in safety, behaviours, performance the working environment
- Manage Service delivery across all assigned depots in accordance with FirstGroup policies, standard operating procedures, and all relevant legislation
- Effectively manage the teams in all areas of people management, development, absence management and compliance
- Work with the Operations Manager to develop and lead through staff engagement the core principles of service delivery whilst demonstrating reasoned and balanced negotiation on the need to improve and change culture, to sustain business growth
- Proven leadership skills are essential to provide strategic and day to day direction to your team and be an effective manager of collective relationships in a unionised environment
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service focus
- A team builder and driver of high-performance teams
- Certificate of Professional Competence in Passenger Transport would be desirable. A willingness to study for CPC is essential
- A passion for safety and driving to deliver a high performing safety behavioural culture
- Self-reliant and straightforward communicator with skill sets to promote the customer facing business, in a positive light with the capacity to inspire in a structured and encouraging way
Salary - Competitive
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: ASDA, Specsavers, Costa, B&Q and many more
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted FirstGroup shares.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:UK Bus - Glasgow
- Closing Date:9 June 2023