St Ives Terminus, Penzance depot, Southwest
Full time, permanent
We're looking for an enthusiastic and committed team player who we can rely on to achieve the highest standards of safety. With a reasonable level of physical fitness, an eye for detail and safe movement of vehicles.
You will be asked to attend an interview at our Camborne depot, but your place of work will be St Ives terminus (Malakoff).
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. First Bus is one of the country's largest bus operators – taking 1.6 million customers to their destinations every day. We're a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile Apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
About the role
Working as part of the team, the applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensuring the safe reversing of large vehicles in line with Banksperson duties
- Maintain appearance of the vehicle at optimum levels
- Cleaning buses and buildings to a standard specification
- Sweeping and mopping buses, whilst ensuring cleanliness of driver cab area
- Workshop cleaning duties
- Fully comply with all HS&E legislation along with Group policies.
It is desirable that the successful applicant displays good communication skills, people skills and have knowledge of Banksperson duties (although not essential).
Full car driving licence is essential as is the willingness to be trained on all safety aspects of dealing with the movement and guidance of reversing large PCV vehicles in a depot. Whilst ensuring the safety of pedestrian, staff movement.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
- Flexible working
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Penzance
- Closing Date:31 October 2022