Up to £11.39 per hour
We are looking for an enthusiastic Breakdown Fitter to join our team in Oldham!
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Semi-skilled Mechanic position could just be the job for you!
As a Semi-Skilled Mechanic your primary role will be to attend the breakdown of vehicles operating from the Oldham depot daily. Additional tasks inside the depot include the following: minor vehicle repairs, servicing and part replacement as required.
We'd love to hear from if you are a semi-skilled mechanic
The salary for this position is £22,500 + per year (up to £11.39 per hour) and your working hours will be a guaranteed 38 hours per week.
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
What will you be doing?
- Carry out oil changes
- Attending vehicle breakdowns
- Carry out servicing to vehicles in workshop
- Booking out parts when required
- Working within health and safety regulations
- Deliver a high standard of repair and subject to monthy audits
- Ensure an effective working relationship with staff
- Complete accurate servicing records, keeping the service history up to date and all relevant paperwork filled in
- Carry out any other duties that may be deemed suitable by the engineering manager
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
Working Monday to Friday, 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm rotating on a weekly basis.
- Semi-skilled Mechanic
- Driving license is essential
- PSV license would be advantageous, if not the ability to obtain must be shown
- A PCV licence isn't essential, we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Asda, Argos, Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Oldham
- Salary:Up to £11.39 p/h