Trainee & Experienced Bus Drivers
£11.90 - £13.00 p/h
4 days a week
39 hours per week
*Typical £32,500 after one year's service, reaching top rate and working 1 days overtime per week.
We love welcoming new and experienced Bus Drivers to our team in Sheffield or Rotherham
Join us a Trainee and you will earn:
As a Trainee bus driver, you will be earning £11.90 per hour, which will increase to £13.00 per hour after 1 year of service.
You will be contracted to working 4 days out of 7 per week, working 40 hours in total on a permanent basis
As an Experienced Driver, you will earn:
As a PCV license holder, you are entitled to a £1000 joining bonus (full T&C's below)! You will be earning at £11.90 per hour, after 1 year of service this will increase to £13.00 after 1 year of service.
You will be contracted to working 4 days out of 7 per week, working 40 hours in total on a permanent basis.
£1000 Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
- 1st payment of £500 after 3 months of driving service
- 2nd payment of £500 after 6 months of driving service
- Applicants must hold a valid PCV licence and Driver Qualification Card (CPC)
- Applicants who leave for whatever the reason before or in between each driving service anniversary date will not be eligible for the next bonus payment stage.
- If the applicant leaves for whatever reason before 3 months, the first part of the bonus will not be paid
- If the applicant leaves for whatever reason after 3 months but before 6 months, then the second part of the bonus will not be paid
- Drivers employed under an agency contract or where an agency introduction fee has been paid are not eligible for the PCV Joining Bonus
- The PCV Bonus scheme is only open for PCV driving roles
- Applicants must be on a full-time contract in order to be eligible to receive the Bonus Scheme
- The Bonus Scheme is dependant upon attendance and Drive Green performance
- This Bonus will only be payable to licence holders joining us after the date we launch the scheme (no retrospective payments)
- The Bonus Scheme may be withdrawn at any time
Any hours worked above 40 hours will be paid at £12.90 per hour for first 12 months, and £14 per hour after.
Please call 07989417543 to speak to one of our team!
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Asda, Argos, Tesco, Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted First Group shares
Info for trainees
The minimum age is 18, with at least 6 months' driving experience. Don't worry if you've never driven anything bigger than a car before. We provide top-class training on our modern, automatic buses.
Bus driving is a rewarding career. You'll be providing a service that customers value and rely on. Getting to work or school. Doctor's appointments. Visiting Nan. Popping to the shops. Heading into town. The journey home. Bus drivers are key workers who keep everyday life moving for local communities.
You'll be out on the road, working on your own initiative. At the same time, you will be part of a close-knit driving team, who look out for each other. Every day brings something different. You'll meet some amazing people along the way.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
What we're looking for
If you're a patient, safe driver with good people skills, you're the perfect fit for our driving team.
- Trainees need a full UK driving licence (with no more than 6 points)
- Experienced drivers require a PCV licence
- All drivers need the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- You must live within South Yorkshire to be considered for this role, please only apply if you intend to work out of either our Sheffield or Rotherham depots.
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly buses, we're leading the way.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Rotherham, UK Bus - Sheffield Olive Grove Bus Depot
- Salary:£24,133 - £32,500