Trainee & Experienced Bus Drivers
£21,497 to £26,457
39 to 48 hours, FT
We love welcoming new and experienced Bus Drivers to our team in Weymouth. Do you live in the Dorchester, Portland, Weymouth area and fancy a change?
Join us as trainee driver and you will be provided full paid training which includes:
- Training for a PCV Licence
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
Join us as a Qualified driver and you will earn:
- If you join us as a qualified PCV driver with full CPC we will give you a £3000 bonus!!
- £2000 after successful completion of the required 6 months' probation period and £1000 after successfully completing 52 weeks unbroken employment within business.
- You will be earning £11.00 per hour
- Your working hours will be 39-48 hours per week (flexible) – earning potential £21,497 to £26,457 on a permanent contract (£22,308 to £27,456 in November 2022).
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Asda, Sainsbury's, H&M, ODEON
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted First Group shares
Info for trainees
The minimum age is 18, with at least 6 months' driving experience. Don't worry if you've never driven anything bigger than a car before. We provide top-class training on our modern, automatic buses.
Bus driving is a rewarding career. You'll be providing a service that customers value and rely on. Getting to work or school. Doctor's appointments. Visiting Nan. Popping to the shops. Heading into town. The journey home. Bus drivers are key workers who keep everyday life moving for local communities.
You'll be out on the road, working on your own initiative. At the same time, you will be part of a close-knit driving team, who look out for each other. Every day brings something different. You'll meet some amazing people along the way.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
What we're looking for
If you're a patient, safe driver with good people skills, you're the perfect fit for our driving team.
- Trainees need a full UK driving licence (with no more than 6 points)
- Experienced drivers require a PCV licence
- All drivers need the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly buses, we're leading the way.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Weymouth