Trainee & Qualified Bus Drivers in Weymouth – £12.00 Per Hour
Are you ready to start a New Year with a New Career?
We'd love to train you as a Bus Driver in our Weymouth operation, or if you are already Qualified Bus Driver, we'd love for you to come and join our team!
- £12.00 Per Hour from day one!
- All required training supplied and paid for! (Subject to minimum contract for trainees)
- If you join us as a Qualified PCV driver, with an in date DQC card (CPC) we will give you a £3000 bonus!! (£2000 after successful completion of the required 6 months' probation period and £1000 after successfully completing 52 weeks unbroken employment within business)
- In addition, if you currently owe training costs to your existing employer we will cover these costs for you! (Should you leave within 2 years, we will only recover half the costs)
- You will be earning between £24,336 to £29,536 per year.
- Your working hours will be between 39 and 48 hours per week.
- On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security (see details below).
Don't worry if you've never driven anything bigger than a car before. We provide top-class training on our modern, automatic buses. With the guidance of our instructors, you'll soon be confident on bustling high streets, narrow back streets, busy roundabouts and rush-hour ring roads.
Apply now if you are 18 or over, have at least 6 months' driving experience with no more than 6 points on your licence.
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly, electric buses, we're leading the way.
The benefits package adds a lot of extra value to the salary:
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, B&Q, Wilko, Asda
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus.
We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
What we're looking for
If you're a patient, safe driver with good people skills, you're the perfect fit for our driving team. All you need is:
- A full UK driving licence (with no more than 6 points)
- The flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- To live within 60 minutes travel time of the depot.
- Have lived in the UK for at least 185 days out of the last 365 days!
Our instructors are ready to launch your new career. Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Weymouth