£10.96 - £12.24 p/h
8 – 25 hours per week
We love welcoming new and experienced Bus Drivers to our team in Aberdeen
Join us a Trainee and you will earn:
As a trainee driver you will earn £10.96 per hour. This will increase further to £12.24 after 12 months of being qualified.
PCV holders starting hourly rate will be £12.24
We offer a Welcome Bonus off £1,975 (T&Cs apply) for all Full PCV Licence holders with a valid dCPC qualification card.
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Argos, Asda, Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted First Group shares
Info for trainees
The minimum age is 18, with at least 6 months' driving experience. Don't worry if you've never driven anything bigger than a car before. We provide top-class training on our modern, automatic buses.
Bus driving is a rewarding career. You'll be providing a service that customers value and rely on. Getting to work or school. Doctor's appointments. Visiting Nan. Popping to the shops. Heading into town. The journey home. Bus drivers are key workers who keep everyday life moving for local communities.
You'll be out on the road, working on your own initiative. At the same time, you will be part of a close-knit driving team, who look out for each other. Every day brings something different. You'll meet some amazing people along the way.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of
health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
What we're looking for
If you're a patient, safe driver with good people skills, you're the perfect fit for our driving team.
- Trainees need a full UK driving licence (with no more than 6 points)
- All drivers need the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
We will also provide you with a uniform so no need to worry about having the right kit for the job!
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly buses, we're leading the way.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:5
- Location:Aberdeen King Street
- Salary:£10.96 - £12.24