Part -Time Trainee and experienced Bus Drivers with PCV licence
Location : Falmouth
PCV Licence holders £13.00 per hour and £14.00 per hour Overtime
Trainee drivers £12.00 per hour first 12 months and £12.50 per hour Overtime for the first 12 months
Part time role – 1 day, 2 day, 3 day and 4 day working weeks. All part time roles will require to cover 1 day out of two over the weekend.
We love welcoming trainee and experienced bus drivers onto our team in Falmouth on a part time basis.
You will be contracted to 8 hours; 16 hours; 24 hours or 32 hours depending on your choice, and you will be required to work:
- 1 day out of two over the weekend if your work 16 hours / 24 hours / 32 hours per week.
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
Rewards that add up to much more
On top of your salary, we will reward you with some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
Working with First in Falmouth
You will be driving routes in Falmouth, and providing friendly, reliable service that so many locals, commuters and visitors rely on. We will provide initial paid training in vehicle & route familiarisation, ticket machine & ticket type training and low bridge training. You'll soon be ready to go.
Info for trainees
The minimum age is 18, with at least 6 months' driving experience. Don't worry if you've never driven anything bigger than a car before. We provide top-class training on our modern, automatic buses.
Bus driving is a rewarding career. You'll be providing a service that customers value and rely on. Getting to work or school. Doctor's appointments. Visiting Nan. Popping to the shops. Heading into town. The journey home. Bus drivers are key workers who keep everyday life moving for local communities.
You'll be out on the road, working on your own initiative. At the same time, you will be part of a close-knit driving team, who look out for each other. Every day brings something different. You'll meet some amazing people along the way.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
What we're looking for
If you're a patient, safe driver with good people skills, you're the perfect fit for our driving team.
- Trainees need a full UK driving licence (with no more than 6 points)
- Experienced drivers require a PCV licence and a minimum 12 months of CPC qualification before expiry
- All drivers need the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
Welcome to First Bus
You will be serving local communities on behalf of one of the country's largest bus operators. We are a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
If you have any queries please ring our depot on 07870850270 or 07870850259.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:8
- Location:UK Bus - Falmouth
- Salary:£12.00 - £14.00