We need you! We are looking for Qualified Bus Drivers in Southampton to join our team
We are offering flexible part-time contracts with a requirement to work between 1 and 3 days!
- Are you looking for a flexible second job that that works around your other shifts and commitments?
- Would you like to earn some extra money to support your study?
Whatever your situation may be, we can offer you a contract that works around your schedule!
Our energetic team at First Bus looks after over 5000 vehicles nationwide, including the latest innovations in public transport, hydrogen, electric and hybrid bus's - want to get your hands on one?
Your mission as a bus driver is to go out on the open road. You'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience. You'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and gets on well with people. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends, you should also have a full PCV driving licence with no more than 6 points
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us too
We want the best people on our team. So, we'll look after you with great training, benefits and opportunities to grow your career:
- Free bus travel for you and your family
- Basic hourly rate £12.00, going up to £12.20 in January 2023, then going up to £12.60 in November 2023.
- Overtime rate of £12.50, going up to £13.75 January 2023, then going up to £14.00 in November 2023.
- You will have the option of overtime
- Up to 5 weeks holidays
- Ongoing professional development
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- Contributory pension scheme
We will also provide you with a uniform so no need to worry about having the right kit for the job!
We have an amazing talented and diverse workforce from mountain bikers, runners, gamers, movie buffs and every other variety of people. We are one big family and you won't find a greater team of people like it!
What do we do?
At First Bus, we are at the forefront of on bus technology, leading the way with real time information, tracking and contactless payments.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We are making a positive impact on air quality and tackling congestion!
Our goal is to make things easier and a more pleasant experience for our customers, it is all about delivering the very best service.
Interested? Click on apply! The winner takes it all!
First Bus welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We want our employees to be their true authentic selves
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:8
- Location:UK Bus - Southampton
- Salary:£12.00 per hour