Qualified Bus Drivers
Weekend work only
£12.60 as a new starter, £13.25 per hour when you start driving on your own, rising up to £13.75 in October 2022 and to £14.40 in April 2023
We love welcoming experienced bus drivers* onto our team in Chelmsford!
*for trainee driver or full time qualified driver oppertunites in your area, please search on our careers site.
Rewards that add up to much more
On top of your salary, we will reward you with some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Wilko, B&Q, Asda, Cineworld
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
- Recommend a friend £500 for both the new starter/existing colleague who has made the recommendation (£250 for the existing employed driver who has recommended a friend and £250 for the new starter joining once they have successfully completed new driver training and become productive and then another £250 each to the driver who recommended them and the new starter on successful completion of their probation at 6 months)
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme. We also here to support you with skills training and your long-term career development.
Working with First with Essex
You will be driving routes in and around Chelmsford – providing the friendly, reliable service that so many locals, commuters and visitors rely on. We will provide initial paid training in vehicle & route familiarisation, ticket machine & ticket type training and low bridge training. You'll soon be ready to go.
What we're looking for
We value safe, patient drivers who get on well with customers and colleagues. We are also looking for:
- a valid PCV driving licence (with no more than 6 points on your driving licence)
- a valid CPC card (with a minimum of 35 hours) or be prepared to acquire one before being offered a position.
Welcome to First Bus
You will be serving local communities on behalf of one of the country's largest bus operators. We are a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile Apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving your application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:15
- Location:UK Bus - Chelmsford