36.5 – 43.7 hours per week
As a Bus Driver you will be earning £11.00 per hour and you will be contracted to a 36.5 or 43.7 hour per week (depending on whether you choose to work four or five days).
Going out on the open road as a bus driver, you'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience. You'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations.
Join us a Trainee and you will earn:
As a bus driver you will be paid £11.34 per hour
** Please note: you must have been in possession of your license for at least 6 months
** Please note PCV holders will need a minimum 12 months CPC qualification before expiry
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Argos, Asda, Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted First Group shares
What do we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators. Making journeys easier for our customers, we were the first national bus operator to accept contactless card payments across all of our services and our First Bus App is voted ‘best in class' amongst UK bus operators.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We work proactively with our local authority partners, making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience.
We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:36.50
- Location:UK Bus - Leeds Bramley Depot, UK Bus - Leeds Hunslet Park