Business Analyst - Technology
First Bus are seeking to appoint a Business Analyst to join the team. This role is remote, with regular travel across the UK.
Through effective leadership, collaboration and networking, the Business Analyst will work with our product owners, business stakeholders and technical partners to understand business issues and change needs, document requirements using a range of techniques, and generate / deliver solutions, whether process or software orientated.
The role will operate proactively to enhance the end-user experience, and to continually identify opportunities to improve technology and system process improvements. Whilst keeping up to date with any changes in best practice and new initiatives so they can provide smart, pragmatic, and logical recommendations, advice, and guidance.
This role requires a minimum of three years' experience in a relevant business sector Business Analyst role, and a BCS / ISEB / IIBA qualification.
What will you be doing?
- Work with stakeholders to understand business issues, document requirements and generate solutions, whether process or software orientated.
- Convert high-level business requirements into actionable documents for developers to work with; whether simple requirements, user stories or more traditional Business Requirements Specification documents.
- Undertake process mapping in BPMN and modelling in UML (particularly class, sequence and activity diagrams) using tools such as Visio or Draw.io
- Generate other Business Analyst project deliverables: e.g. Project Mandates, Project Briefs, Business Cases, Risk & Issue logs, etc.
- Work with stakeholders, Product Owners, and project team to prioritise collected requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the project team and other business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary. Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements to all relevant stakeholders.
- Analyse, define and work with business unit staff to deliver business change in support of project rollouts and other initiatives.
What are we looking for?
- BCS/ISEB or International Institute of Business Analysis UK (IIBA) qualification.
- Experience in a large multi-business unit organisation and able to handle complex and sometimes conflicting requirements and contended resources.
- In-depth understanding of analysis techniques and approaches. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal. Able to deal with stakeholders from frontline operational staff to business unit Managing Directors – strong facilitation and presentation skills are crucial.
- Experience of working with large and diverse teams in a unionised environment; and displays assertiveness and resilience, with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, able to persuade, influence and challenge with tact and diplomacy
- Analytical with the ability to interrogate data to inform sensible and commercial decision making.
- Attention to detail with a strong emphasis on process design, planning, and relevant risk management
- Ability to effectively monitor and evaluate trends in technology and system applications thought leadership and translate into business outputs
- Ability to deliver effective and strategic and technical training and knowledge programs that support the overall business and change outcomes
What can we offer you?
- Free bus pass for you and your family on joining
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- First Xclusives – Discounts on many high street brands, supermarket's, holiday's and cinema tickets, to name a few
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as London or Edinburgh for £6!
- Generous pension and shares scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
Welcome to First Bus
At First Bus, we're proud to be part of so many journeys. We're part of first days at school, dream-job interviews, major sporting events and even life-changing events. Be it behind the wheel, or behind the scenes, we help people get to all of life's destinations.
And every day, we're working hard to make our services easier to use, more accessible, more reliable and more sustainable. We're not perfect, but we're clear about where we're going and how we'll get there. We want to be known for forward-thinking innovation, operational excellence and providing a best-in-class service. To deliver our ambition, we have a pretty neat plan laid out, and we'd love for you to join us for the next stage of your journey, and ours.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Closing Date:28 March 2023