£10.84 per hour
If you're a qualified bus driver with a manual PCV licence, we can offer you a career as a Changeover Driver
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
As a changeover driver your main responsibilities would be as follows:
- Follow, at all times, Injury Prevention rules and the First ‘Safety Principles' and ensuring that Injury Prevention Books are always carried.
- To ensure that the high visibility is always worn in vehicle movement areas.
- To ensure that speed limits are observed within bus depots and bus stations
- Ensuring that the vehicle is clean and tidy before starting service
- Completing the Vehicle Defect Card or entering the defect on the electronic ticket machine (depending on location)
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic who can be part of our supportive and friendly team. A PCV licence isn't essential, we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Asda, Argos, Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Caledonia Depot, Glasgow