Cleaning Team Leader
Cleaning Team Leader
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Cleaners, Engineers and maintenance staff repairing and cleaning our fleet of vehicles? Join us as a Cleaning Team Leader, and we'll take your engineering skills to the next level.
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
As a Cleaning Team Leader you will be overseeing a small team of cleaners to ensure and continually improve the cleanliness and appearance of our fleet of vehicles.
- Overseeing a small team of Presentation Team Members and assist with planning the rota, duty and shift allocations.
- Assisting with the internal and external cleaning of buses and depot premises with the use of specialist equipment and chemicals
- Assist with fuelling, oiling, watering, shunting and parking of vehicles
- Complete cleaning records, cover shifts, quality control audits on cleaners,
- To adhere to the Health and Safety at work policy, ensuring protective clothing is used properly at all times and appropriate practices and procedures are always followed
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
- At least 6 months of cleaning experience
- A PCV licence isn't essential, we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Asda, B&Q, Sainsbury's, ODEON cinema
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Ipswich