Up to £16.50 per hour
We are currently seeking a skilled Coachbuilder/Bodymaker to join our busy Engineering team in Oldham!
Coachbuilders are an essential part of our team who ensure that all our vehicles are in a safe and roadworthy condition for our customers.
We'd love to hear from if you have a minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent.
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
The successful Coachbuilder will be responsible for the following duties:
- To undertake the repair and maintenance of vehicle bodywork and to carry out routine bodywork inspections and servicing in accordance with the Central Engineering SOP's.
- To diagnose vehicle body faults and specify the correct method of repair within defined quality and cost parameters.
- To carry out collision and vandalism repairs on vehicle bodywork and structural components.
- To repair work arising from routine vehicle inspections, vehicle defect cards and annual test preparations.
- To carry out painting of minor bodywork following remedial repairs.
- To undertake fibreglass bodywork repairs.
- To record repairs for third party insurance recoveries.
Early and Late shift covering 4 days over 7 including weekends. Early shifts are 5am - 3pm and late shift is 3pm - 1am.
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent.
- Welding experience
- Experience in accident repair and painting
- A PCV licence isn't essential, we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Asda, Argos, Tesco
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Oldham
- Salary:£16.50 per hour