Commercial Development Manager
The Commercial Development Manager is accountable for the development and delivery of profitable, sustainable commercial growth plans across the Local Business Unit (LBU). It is expressly a revenue generating role and will also collaborate with and support both the network and marketing teams across the LBU to provide a first-class Commercial function to the business. The Commercial Development Manager will research and identify new business opportunities, including new markets, growth areas, emerging trends and potential partnerships.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Support the Commercial Director to deliver the customer, pricing and growth strategy within the Local Business Unit, ensuring the business realises its market potential.
- Support the SLT in budgeting, forecasting, and delivering revenue and passenger growth targets
- Support the Marketing Team to deliver a comprehensive local marketing plan that meets its targeted ROI and delivers synergies across the LBU geographical footprint.
- Work with the central revenue team to report on revenue and passenger performance in the LBU.
- Use customer insights to identify revenue growth opportunities within the LBU
- Identify opportunities and implement a business-to-business sales plan to deliver increased revenue from corporate partners.
- In conjunction with the central commercial team and the LBU Commercial Director, develop and implement plans to transform the ticket purchasing process across the regional area in which First Bus operates, taking advantage of new and emerging technologies.
- Be the Lead representation on multi-operator ticketing schemes and the development of multi-operator ticketing products.
- Understand the wider economic market and identify commercial opportunities to generate new revenue streams.
- Work with the PR Manager to develop a PR narrative for First Bus across the LBU geographical area, and to seek opportunities to maximise positive media coverage and commercial impact.
- Support the Commercial Director to implement a comprehensive external stakeholder engagement plan, enhancing the company's reputation and gaining support from the local business and political community.
- Be accountable for the ongoing management and development of the concessionary fares agreement.
Skills, Experience and Leadership behaviours required
- Track record of commercial management experience in the transport sector
- Good intellect with strong analytical insight and financial literacy skills, able to quickly assess viability of commercial opportunities
- Demonstrable record of achievements in a commercial and or marketing environment
- Able to challenge the status quo and influence thinking of experienced colleagues resistant to change
- Ability to engage with and influence senior external stakeholders
- Results-driven and strategically focussed, but with a strong ability to get into the detail when necessary
- Good intellect with an analytical insight and financial literacy to quickly assess viability of business opportunities, with a “can-do” attitude to solving issues
- Understand risk management, be willing to push boundaries and take calculated risks to deliver long term strategic goals
- Appreciation of the key challenges facing the public transport sector and its customers is essential
What can we offer you?
- Free bus pass for you and your family on joining
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- First Xclusives – Discounts on many high street brands, supermarket's, holiday's and cinema tickets, to name a few
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as London or Edinburgh for £6!
- Generous pension and shares scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
Welcome to First Bus
At First Bus, we're proud to be part of so many journeys. We're part of first days at school, dream-job interviews, major sporting events and even life-changing events. Be it behind the wheel, or behind the scenes, we help people get to all of life's destinations.
And every day, we're working hard to make our services easier to use, more accessible, more reliable and more sustainable. We're not perfect, but we're clear about where we're going and how we'll get there. We want to be known for forward-thinking innovation, operational excellence and providing a best-in-class service. To deliver our ambition, we have a pretty neat plan laid out, and we'd love for you to join us for the next stage of your journey, and ours.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Closing Date:9 June 2023