Commercial Development Manager
First Bus are looking for a Commercial Development Manager in First South!
Ready for your next challenge? Will you think outside the box on how we can achieve our market potential in a challenging environment?
As the Commercial Development Manager, you will be accountable for the development and delivery of profitable, sustainable commercial growth plans across First South.
It is expressly a revenue generating role and will also collaborate with and support both the network and marketing teams across First South to provide a first-class Commercial function to the business. You will research and identify new business opportunities, including new markets, growth areas, emerging trends and potential partnerships.
Please Note – This is a remote role with the requirement to travel across your local business unit as required
What will you be doing?
- Leading on the development and delivery of the Commercial and Customer Strategy
- Understanding the wider economic market and identifying commercial opportunities to generate new revenue streams
- Retaining, developing and managing a portfolio of contract business across the South, that complements and adds value to the Commercial operating model.
- Implementing a business-to-business sales plan to deliver increased revenue from corporate partners, including administration and growth of CTC, business development and working with travel planners and related parties
- Managing a range of partners to ensure we deliver maximum revenue benefit, contributing to an annual revenue target
- Managing the delivery of investment projects in the South to ensure we deliver on revenue commitments
- Working with the commercial analysts and within a divisional framework, utilising all available data to report on revenue and passenger performance.
- Supporting the South SLT in budgeting, forecasting, and delivering revenue and passenger growth targets
- Managing local external requests for data and developing good relationships with the divisional data team
What are we looking for?
- Good intellect with strong analytical insight and financial literacy skills, able to quickly assess viability of commercial opportunities
- Track record of commercial management experience in the transport sector
- Demonstrable record of achievements in a commercial and or marketing environment
- Able to challenge the status quo and influence thinking of experienced colleagues resistant to change
- Ability to engage and influence senior external stakeholders
- Results-driven and strategically focussed, but with a strong ability to get into the detail when necessary
- An analytical approach with a “can-do” attitude to solving issues
- Understand risk management, willing to push boundaries and take calculated risks to deliver long term strategic goals
- Appreciation of the key challenges facing the public transport sector and its customers is essential
- Degree educated and ideally backed up with further post-graduate business qualifications
What can we offer you?
- Free bus pass for you and your family on joining
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- First Xclusives – Discounts on many high street brands, supermarket's, holiday's and cinema tickets, to name a few
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as Edinburgh for £6!
- Generous pension and shares scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
Welcome to First Bus
At First Bus, we're proud to be part of so many journeys. We're part of first days at school, dream-job interviews, major sporting events and even life-changing events. Be it behind the wheel, or behind the scenes, we help people get to all of life's destinations.
And every day, we're working hard to make our services easier to use, more accessible, more reliable and more sustainable. We're not perfect, but we're clear about where we're going and how we'll get there. We want to be known for forward-thinking innovation, operational excellence and providing a best-in-class service. To deliver our ambition, we have a pretty neat plan laid out, and we'd love for you to join us for the next stage of your journey, and ours.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Salary:£40-45k DOE