This is an exciting opportunity to improve customers' experiences when using our buses in the West of England. As part of the Commercial team, you will work alongside our operational colleagues on a shift basis to ensure day-to-day operational issues and planned service alterations are communicated fully and effectively to our customers, through the full range of communications channels available to us. The role will also involve hands-on activity as and when required, to help improve our customers' experiences on the ground, including updating information on our buses and bus stop publicity. Your aim will be to provide a high level of customer service information for our customers, helping them to travel sustainably and contribute to a greener, more connected region.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Increase understanding and utilise available customer communications channels, including company social media pages and website, and the West of England Combined Authority Real Time Information suite.
- -Understanding the complete First West of England bus network to ensure accurate customer information for all services.
- Work alongside Operations teams to understand on-the-day issues with service disruption and effectively relay them to customers through all channels, with the aim of complete coverage.
- Communicate with our Customer Services team to ensure they receive up to date information.
- Liaise with Highways Liaison Manager and local authorities to ensure timely information of roadworks information is given to customers, becoming a ‘focal point' that our partner authorities can rely on to ensure information is updated and communicated.
- Check Real Time Information screens and fault reporting as required in partnership with the West of England Combined Authority.
- Work within the Commercial team to ensure information on service changes and marketing promotions are effectively communicated.
- Understanding on-bus customer information systems, using them to display relevant information.
- Own bus stop presentation work in areas where it is our responsibility, ensuring timetables are updated with service changes and stops are well maintained and visible.
- Auditing of the bus fleet to identify customer issues and ensure consistency of customer experience, including posting notices along with marketing materials.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Thorough understanding of social media
- Passionate about customer experience
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Car driving licence required
- Competent computer skills in all standard Office-based systems
- Good knowledge of part of our bus network, and relish the challenge of learning all of it
- Happy to turn your hand to a broad range of tasks, and proactively find and resolve issues
Safety is a core part of our business, and you will always work with this in mind. You will work with the customers' safety in mind, particularly where disruption can cause challenges to effectively deliver the bus service. Some aspects of the role will work in the bus depot environment and on the public highway, where you will need to consistently follow our safety procedures, of which guidance and necessary training will be provided.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security:
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: ASDA, Specsavers, Costa, B&Q and many more
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted FirstGroup shares.
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly buses, we're leading the way.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:UK Bus - Bristol Lawrence Hill