Join us as an Engineering Supervisor and we'll take your engineering skills to the next level.
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below)
We'd love to hear from if you have engineering experience!
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
As an Engineering Supervisor you will ensure strong teams are built in the depot, by consistently delivering a great service everyday.
The salary for this position £37420 per year
Your working hours will be 38 per week, working Tuesday to Saturday 06:00-14:00.
What will you be doing?
- Monitor the daily running of the depot and all engineering staff, and supervising in the absence of the Workshop Manager
- Carry out repairs and diagnosis on vehicles as required.
- Provide guidance to other staff as required.
- Allocate planned and unplanned work to engineering staff.
- Manage labour overtime in line with set authorisation limits, as set by Engineering Manager.
- Ensure the engineering vehicle status board and daily garage log are updated to reflect any changes that take place.
- Liaise with the operations department to deal with changeovers and breakdowns in the most effective way to minimise lost mileage
- Processing vehicle defect cards in line with engineering standard operating procedures.
- Take digital photographs of any vehicle involved in a third party incident in line with engineering standard operating procedures as required.
- To ensure all labour hours and material issues are recorded for specific workshop activities on works orders
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2) in a relevant Vehicle Repair subject.
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment
- Good communication skills.
- Engaging and empowering with great organisational skills
- A PCV licence isn't essential, we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Argos, Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Bristol Lawrence Hill