Seeking an NVQ Level 3 qualified engineer or equivalent. Join us as in Huddersfield and we'll take your engineering skills to the next level.
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
We'd love to hear from if you have Level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
First Bus is one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering know how. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
Working as a Fitter at First Bus Huddersfield you will help maintain our fleet of 120 vehicles within our modern maintenance facility. As the leading operator in this area, we strive to provide a market leading service with punctuality, presentation and safety being at the top of the agenda.
Working as part of a well-established team you will carry out running repair work, MOT prep and major unit overhauls.
The shifts have been formulated with home/work balance in mind.
Full training provided for new products and all aspects of health and safety, with the opportunity to grow your skillset and progress your career internally.
Very competitive wage package with additional job perks. The include but are not limited to, free bus travel and heavily discounted nationwide train travel.
Full PPE and any job essential equipment provided alongside a “tool replacement” scheme
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- An aptitude to develop others within the Engineering Team
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with coaches would be advantageous
- A PCV licence isn't essential, we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Asda, Argos and Sainsburys
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:UK Bus - Huddersfield
- Salary:Up to £18.83