Head of Network
There are many exciting changes happening at First Bus and as part of that, we have come to advertise a brand-new role – Head of Network for the North and West Yorkshire!
As our Head of Network, you will be an integral part of the North and West Yorkshire commercial function. You'll make an impact on the profitability, punctuality, quality, and efficiency of our bus routes.
You will lead the network planning and scheduling teams and oversee the production of driver duties and rotas. We want to improve these for our driver colleagues without compromising our customer experience, and we need your help to do it!
Are you a champion of using technology to improve business performance? If so, help us stay ahead of the curve, whilst optimising supply and demand using your data analytical skills.
This is an opportunity to have a huge overall impact on our business strategy, as we move through our ambitious transformation!
Please note - this is a partially remote role, with travel required within the North and West Yorkshire
What will you be doing?
- You'll be accountable for monitoring and improving punctuality performance through use of advanced technology
- As well as performance of the road network across the Local Business Unit of Wales and West of England, you'll be targeting local authorities for improvements with the aim of improving overall journey speed and reducing variability
- You'll be empowered to identify local network growth initiatives through analysis and assisting with smooth implementation delivering national network development opportunities at a local level
- As we grow our electric fleet, you'll play a part in implementing our decarbonisation programme in your Local Business Unit to help us achieve our ‘Zero Emission Mission'
- Working with the central pricing colleagues to ensure pricing has a positive impact on network profitability and forms part of network improvement plans
- Collaborating with Operations and HR colleagues to improve driver satisfaction and ultimately reduce driver turnover
- Leading conversations with local authorities on network activity, providing data led evidence to support proposals and drive performance improvement
- Managing the preparation of tender bids for submission with recommendation to the local business unit Senior Leadership team and monitoring ongoing performance
What are we looking for?
You'll be driven by delivering an excellent customer experience and motivating your team. It goes without saying that you'll be commercially astute, and analytics will be one of your strengths. We've got ambitious plans for our future; our Zero Emission Mission, improving the work life of our frontline colleagues and being a truly customer-centric business, so you'll need to be someone who's excited by change and able to lead your team through it, building great relationships along the way!
What can we offer you?
- Free bus pass for you and your family on joining
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- First Xclusives – Discounts on many high street brands, supermarket's, holiday's and cinema tickets, to name a few
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as London or Edinburgh for £6!
- Generous pension and shares scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
Welcome to First Bus
At First Bus, we're proud to be part of so many journeys. We're part of first days at school, dream-job interviews, major sporting events and even life-changing events. Be it behind the wheel, or behind the scenes, we help people get to all of life's destinations.
And every day, we're working hard to make our services easier to use, more accessible, more reliable and more sustainable. We're not perfect, but we're clear about where we're going and how we'll get there. We want to be known for forward-thinking innovation, operational excellence and providing a best-in-class service. To deliver our ambition, we have a pretty neat plan laid out, and we'd love for you to join us for the next stage of your journey, and ours.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37
- Location:Remote, UK Bus - Leeds Hunslet Park