IT Systems Expert
First Bus are looking for an experienced fleet engineering, IT systems expert!
As our IT Systems expert, you will be responsible for the ongoing support, improvement and effective change to our Asset Management system, helping to lead a divisional shift to a Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) based approach.
You will work with Engineering Subject Matter Experts and Business Analysts, as well as support partners, to develop our Hexagon EAM system, interfaces, and protocols. As our IT Systems Expert, you will play a vital part in standardising the use across the business, improving consistency of engineering and maintenance standards.
You can be based anywhere in the UK, however travel is required in line with business need, usually 1-2 days per week.
It is essential to have technical skills, sound functional capabilities, and knowledge of Hexagon EAM and / or equivalent enterprise application systems.
What will you be doing?
- Developing and maximising system configuration and functionality to streamline our end to end processes and recommending ongoing improvements to maximise engineering performance
- Developing our assets management system, including reporting suites, access to data and interfaces, API's and feeds
- Streamlining and standardising system to support processes, compliance to meet engineering operating model and strict regulatory procedures
- Supporting RCM's with the development of reports and key performance indicators, alongside system subject matter experts
- Technical maintenance of the Hexagon EAM system for business as usual activities, ensuring that corporate and regulatory compliance is maintained at all times, including working with the project team as required
- Providing subject matter expert support to the engineering end users, working with the system support team and escalating issues that cannot be resolved
- Communicating and interacting with end users to fully understand and resolve issues, delivering additional system training where required and explaining the fundamentals of RCM
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Providing the business with ad hoc reports or periodic reports
- Proactively identifying and developing business solutions
What are we looking for?
- Have demonstrable experience on a modern digital asset management platform
- Knowledge of Hexagon EAM and / or equivalent enterprise application systems
- Strong technical understanding and functional capabilities
- Experience working in an industry governed by defined regulations
- IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft packages in particular Excel
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy
- Methodical and logical approach to tasks
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with ability to work to deadlines
- Can work well independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable and confident speaking to colleagues at all levels
- Experience in a fleet or engineering background is desirable
What can we offer you?
- Remote working
- Travel expenses paid
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Free bus pass for you and your family on joining
- First Xclusives – Discounts on many high street brands, supermarket's, holiday's and cinema tickets, to name a few
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as London/Edinburgh for £6!
- Generous pension and shares scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. First Bus is one of the country's largest bus operators – taking 1.6 million customers to their destinations every day. We're a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile Apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Salary:£50k - £60k
- Closing Date:31 March 2023