Night Shift Supervisor
Night Shift Supervisor
Join us as a Shift Supervisor and we'll take your engineering skills to the next level.
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
Identify and resolve day to day engineering issues, providing updates and escalating key issues or concerns to the line manager.
Engage front line colleagues though effective communication, active listening and recognition
The Engineering Supervisor will work within and embed the divisional governance framework set by the Engineering Steering Group, ensuring that standard policies and procedures are adopted within the depot.
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
- In line with standard policies and procedures, supervise the maintenance and servicing of the fleet, ensuring vehicles comply with all statutory regulations
• Induct and develop an engaged, talented and high performing engineering team
• Efficiently allocate planned and unplanned work across the engineering team, including covering on the day absence
• Ensure the availability of vehicles in line with operational requirements
• Support the Stores Manager to ensure optimum management of stock and accurate and timely processing of warranty claims
• Maintain depot plant and equipment
• Maintain accurate records for all aspects of engineering standards and performance, including fleet and environmental management
• Ensure a comprehensive hand-over and coordination across shifts
• Conduct any disciplinary, grievance or absence management reviews in accordance with Company policy
• Work alongside depot operational and engineering team members, fostering excellent working relationships to effectively manage all aspects of service performance, including vehicle allocation, breakdowns, changeovers and punctuality and reliability of services
• Comply with requisition to pay procedures and delegated authorities
• Ensure an effective working relationship with recognised trade union representatives and officials
The successful candidates will hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Engineering field and be conversant with monitoring standard of engineering work on PCV. Knowledge of safe operation of workshop equipment is essential and previous supervisory experience would be desirable. To apply for this role, you must be in possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence.
As an employee of FirstBus, you will be a part of a global, diverse company that transports millions of people every day; as a key member of our team you will be working in a very exciting role that will allow you to make a difference to our dynamic business.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Argos, Tesco, Sainburys, Asda
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Bradford