Welcome to First Bus
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly buses, we're leading the way.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our Operations department on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the successful candidate will be working in a team of 3 Operations Managers to form the First Glasgow Operations Management Team.
The Day to Day
- Lead cultural change activity across First Glasgow operational depot teams which will realise our ambition of becoming a truly people centric and, ultimately, a customer centric business.
- Supporting, and if/when appropriate, deputising for the Head of Operations (Glasgow) to ensure consistency is delivered and success is achieved as a team.
- Drive engagement with drivers, management team, and customers
- Dynamically analyse and manage information, systems, and data both retrospectively and proactively to ensure continuous improvement of service performance.
- Effectively partnering Engineering counterparts to drive “one depot” approach to people management, engagement, problem solving and customer service.
- Ensure collaboration between operational and engineering team members, fostering excellent working relationships between drivers and Supervisors to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Collective management and engagement of team of Assistant Operations Managers, encouraging and rewarding collaboration and team success.
- Proven leadership skills are essential to provide strategic and day to day direction to your team and be an effective manager of collective relationships in a unionised environment
- A passion for safety and driving to deliver a high performing safety behavioural culture
- Aptitude to build and maintain stakeholder relations, indicative of a professional leader
- Budgetary and financial experience with a capability in logical system analysis to communicate results in formats comprehensible to all disciplines
- Capacity to manage and commute between multi-site operations, providing cover when required
- Certificate of Professional Competence in Passenger Transport would be desirable. A willingness to study for CPC is essential
Salary - Competitive
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: ASDA, Specsavers, Costa, B&Q and many more
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted FirstGroup shares.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:UK Bus - Glasgow
- Closing Date:5 June 2023