Part-Time Bus Driver
Trainee & Experienced Part-Time Bus Drivers
£11.58 - £13.50 per hour
Part Time Job Share - 19 hours per week.
This role is planned for any 2.5 days per week between Monday and Sunday.
We love welcoming new and experienced Bus Drivers to our team in Bolton.
Join us a Trainee and you will earn:
You will be earning £11.58 per hour, increasing to £13.50 p/h after 12 months, and you will be contracted to 19 hours per week.
As an Experienced Driver, you will earn:
As a Qualified Bus Driver, having held PCV for at least 3 months, you will be earning £13.50 per hour, and you will be contracted to 19 hours per week.
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Asda , Currys, Tesco, Argos
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted First Group shares
Info for trainees
The minimum age is 18, with at least 6 months' driving experience. Don't worry if you've never driven anything bigger than a car before. We provide top-class training on our modern, automatic buses.
Bus driving is a rewarding career. You'll be providing a service that customers value and rely on. Getting to work or school. Doctor's appointments. Visiting Nan. Popping to the shops. Heading into town. The journey home. Bus drivers are key workers who keep everyday life moving for local communities.
You'll be out on the road, working on your own initiative. At the same time, you will be part of a close-knit driving team, who look out for each other. Every day brings something different. You'll meet some amazing people along the way.
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
What we're looking for
If you're a patient, safe driver with good people skills, you're the perfect fit for our driving team.
- Trainees need a full UK driving licence (with no more than 6 points)
- Experienced drivers require a PCV licence and a minimum 12 months of CPC qualification before expiry)
- All drivers need the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly buses, we're leading the way.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:19
- Location:UK Bus - Bolton
- Salary:£11.58 - £13.50