Bus Drivers (PCV licence holders)
We need you! We are looking for Qualified Bus Drivers in Hilseato join our team.
We are offering flexible part-time contracts with set hours rather than days!
- Are you looking for a flexible second job that that works around your other shifts and commitments?
- Would you like to earn some extra money to support your study?
- Are you working Monday to Friday and looking for a little extra work at the weekends?
We are currently looking for weekend drivers to join our team in Hilsea on permanent contracts!
Our energetic team at First Bus looks after over 5000 vehicles nationwide, including the latest innovations in public transport, hydrogen, electric and hybrid bus's - want to get your hands on one?
Your mission as a bus driver is to go out on the open road. You'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience. You'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations.
Welcome to First Bus
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and we've launched the driving careers of thousands of people across the UK. You will be joining a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology. From mobile apps to carbon-friendly, electric buses, we're leading the way.
Why become a First Bus Driver?
You'll be providing a service that customers value and rely on. Getting to work or school. Doctor's appointments. Visiting Nan. Popping to the shops. Heading into town. The journey home. Bus drivers are key workers who keep everyday life moving for local communities.
You'll be out on the road, working on your own initiative. At the same time, you will be part of a close-knit driving team, who look out for each other. In Hilsea, our male and female drivers range in age from 18 to 60+. You'll find a real mix of colleagues at your depot.
Every day brings something different. You'll meet some amazing people along the way.
The benefits package adds a lot of extra value to the salary:
- You will be earning £11.75 per hour (Rising to £12.00 per hour in September 2022).
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, B&Q, Wilko, Asda
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you'll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
What we're looking for
If you're a patient, safe driver with good people skills, you're the perfect fit for our driving team. All you need is:
- A full UK Category D driving licence (with no more than 6 points).
- Be punctual and reliable.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:8
- Location:UK Bus - Hilsea