Public Relations Manager
First Bus are looking for a Public Relations Manager to plan and implement the PR and media strategy across the South of England!
We want you as an external communications expert, to align the communication priorities of First South, with that of the national and regional First Bus campaigns.
You will work collaboratively with the External Communications Manager to make a huge impact on the positive public perception of First Bus, ensuring effective media coverage and seeking out opportunities to maximise positive exposure across relevant communication channels.
We have a hugely varied PR agenda here are First Bus, with many opportunities - and a few challenges too! This is a great chance for you to help us shape the narrative around decarbonisation, drive an increase in bus use, tackle congestion and also engage with our colleagues, customers, stakeholders and the communities that we serve!
Please note – this is a remote role with travel across your local business unit and nationwide, as required
What will you be doing?
- Planning and budgeting for Local Business Unit (LBU) PR events, programmes and initiatives
- Working in collaboration with LBU marketing teams, ensuring the marketing strategy and plan aligns with the PR plan
- Creating, designing and reviewing the content in press releases, media announcements, media kits, social media and websites at LBU level
- Monitoring corporate image frequently and ensuring local compliance with the wider organisation brand
- Measuring and providing reports on each PR campaign
- Developing and building long-term relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and consistency of external and internal LBU communications
- Producing content to support the LBU Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) when they are required to represent First Bus
- Working closely with the marketing team to develop an understanding of the local transport landscape, including awards, chambers of commerce and local events
- Collaborating with LBU marketing colleagues and the SLT, to create compelling award submissions for local awards and work in partnership with the External Communications Manager to gather material and nominations for relevant national awards
- Developing and implementing crisis communications advice and media strategy, as required
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in the development and delivery of external communications campaigns in a large, complex organisation
- Experience in high-pressure communications and campaign management
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to write accurate compelling copy
- Excellent at communicating, influencing and presenting at all levels
- Experience of creating content for a variety of audiences and channels, including video, writing for online platforms and a confident user of CMS platform
- Ability to organise and plan PR strategies with project management skills preferrable
- Experience of briefing agencies and working with suppliers to obtain best value and outcome for events and campaigns
- A full understanding of media needs and the ability to establish relationships and contacts across the local media landscape
- Experience working with busy media desks, selling in pitches and ideas to help secure coverage and widespread interest in campaign content
- Self-motivated, customer focused individual who embraces challenge and change
What can we offer you?
- Free bus pass for you and your family on joining
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- First Xclusives – Discounts on many high street brands, supermarket's, holidays and cinema tickets, to name a few
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as Edinburgh for £6!
- Generous pension and shares scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
Welcome to First Bus
At First Bus, we're proud to be part of so many journeys. We're part of first days at school, dream-job interviews, major sporting events and even life-changing events. Be it behind the wheel, or behind the scenes, we help people get to all of life's destinations.
And every day, we're working hard to make our services easier to use, more accessible, more reliable and more sustainable. We're not perfect, but we're clear about where we're going and how we'll get there. We want to be known for forward-thinking innovation, operational excellence and providing a best-in-class service. To deliver our ambition, we have a pretty neat plan laid out, and we'd love for you to join us for the next stage of your journey, and ours.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.