Qualified Bus Driver
Bus Drivers (PCV licence holders)
FT – 38 Hours Per Week
We love welcoming experienced bus drivers onto our team in Oldham. If you already hold a PCV licence*, you can earn:
If you have had your PCV license for 3 months or more your starting hourly rate will be £13.50 per hour
You will also receive enhanced rates for weekend working!
You will be working 38 hours per week.
*for trainee driver opportunities in your area, please search on our careers site.
Rewards that add up to much more
On top of your salary, we will reward you with some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further, while providing long-term financial security.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Wilko, B&Q, Asda, Cineworld, to name a few!
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We'll be there for you, because you're there for us
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme. We also here to support you with skills training and your long-term career development.
What we're looking for
We value safe, patient drivers who get on well with customers and colleagues. We are also looking for:
- A valid PCV driving licence (with no more than 6 points on your driving licence)
- The flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Already have a valid CPC card (with a minimum of 28 hours)
Welcome to First Bus
You will be serving local communities on behalf of one of the country's largest bus operators. We are a forward-looking business at the forefront of bus technology, leading the way on contactless payments, mobile apps and real time information. Our investment in state-of-the-art, new buses is just one part of our transition to a low-carbon future. It's an exciting time to be here.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Bus Driver
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Oldham