£11.57 per hour
We are looking for a Roadside Assistant to join our team at Caledonia!
Are you passionate about cars? Are you mechanically minded? We have a position available that will transform your passion into a career with the prospects of progression. We will provide you with full training and all the support you need.
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual with a positive, diverse and safety considerate approach to the engineering function specifically, minor vehicle repairs, servicing tasks, roadside vehicle assistance including changeovers, fuelling, washing, parking and other general duties.
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
- To attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Minor vehicle repairs
- Servicing tasks
- Fuelling, washing and cleaning duties
- To fully comply with all HS & E legislation along with Group policies
- To fully comply with all relevant Engineering SOPs
- Communicate effectively with colleagues
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required
- Basic vehicle mechanical & electrical knowledge would be advantageous
- To attend relevant training courses
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Argos, Asda
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:38
- Location:UK Bus - Caledonia Depot, Glasgow