Semi Skilled Vehicle Painter
Semi Skilled Vehicle Painter
Competitive Salary (Overtime paid at time and a half)
Join us as a Vehicle Painter and we'll take your engineering skills to the next level.
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
The successful Painter will be responsible for the following duties:
- To carry out the painting preparation of minor repairs.
- To ensure the work area/paint booth is kept clean and tidy
- To prepare surfaces for painting using glass paper, masking tape, electric and pneumatic sanders.
- To carry out paint mixing, surface preparation and tool cleaning entailing the use / mixing of chemicals.
- To carry out sign writing or other artwork on different vehicle types.
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
The working hours are Monday to Friday alternating shifts (06:00 – 14:00/14:00 – 22:00)
- Minimum level 2 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- To be conversant with the removal and application of decals, transfers and other finishes to vehicle bodywork.
- To be conversant with the use and application of different types of solvents, paints and other hazardous materials including metallic colours, pearls and water based paints.
- To be familiar with painting techniques using brushes, rollers and spray equipment.
- To be conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment including ladders, scaffolding and general portable equipment (i.e. electric and pneumatic hand tools etc.).
- To attend vehicle manufacturer's product training courses, this may involve an overnight stay.
A PCV licence isn't essential, we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Argos
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Free onsite parking + cycle to work scheme
- Up to 6 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - Adderley Green
- Salary:Competitive Salary