For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below). Join us at First Bus and we will take your engineering skills to the next level!
We'd love to hear from if you have a basic understanding of heavy motor vehicles.
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
We are looking for self-motivated candidates who have a flexible approach to work and who are keen to support others. Working as part of the team, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Completing mandatory services for a wide range of PCV's
- Completing minor repairs to PCV's
- Assisting craftsmen as required.
- Attending broken down vehicles at the roadside
- Completing obligatory documentation.
We'll provide your overalls and all the tools and equipment needed.
- A basic knowledge of heavy motor vehicles
- Work unsupervised or as part of a team.
- Possession of a PSV license is desirable
- Be health and safety conscious
- Be customer focussed and communicate effectively with customers and staff.
Rewards & Benefits;
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Argos, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys•
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 6 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:40
- Location:UK Bus - Doncaster
- Salary:£13 p/h