£15.55 - £17.37 p/h
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Electrician position could just be the job for you!
The successful applicant will predominantly be working in a Shift Engineer position, however provide cover for the supervisor when necessary.
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
If you have a minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2) we would love to hear from you!
Welcome to First Bus Engineering
Hello. We're one of the country's largest bus operators – and our engineering teams are working at the forefront of bus technology. Nationwide, we are investing in state-of-the-art new buses, and in the workshops and people that service them. A First Bus depot is the perfect environment to continue growing your engineering knowhow. We will support your ongoing development and provide a career path to follow.
About the role
You will be working a 5 over 7 shift pattern.
Your hourly rate will be £15.55 rising if covering for supervisor to £17.37.
The successful Mech/Elec Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Vehicle fault diagnostics, servicing and repairs including MOT preps in accordance with First Bus Standard Engineering Operating Procedures
- Provide cover for supervisor when necessary
- To fully comply with all HS&E legislation along with Group Policies
- To fully comply with all relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required
We want passionate, forward-thinking people, who take pride in their work to help build and maintain a zero-emission fleet of vehicles.
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- An aptitude to develop others within the Engineering Team
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with coaches would be advantageous
Rewards & Benefits
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:40
- Location:UK Bus - Doncaster