We are looking for a dynamic Staff Manager to join our team in South Yorkshire.
As a Staff Manager you will help us drive our business forward and provide our customers with brilliant experiences, support the Operations Manager in supervision of all aspects of operational performance including on time performance, delivering excellent customer experience, while managing a governance agenda that supports legislative, process and policy compliance, within the operational excellence framework.
Joining us at an exciting time, you'll coach, develop and inspire everyone in your team to perform at their best every day. You'll lead by example. You'll always put safety first.
About the role
Analyse and manage information, systems, and data, in accordance with the systems matrices, to both retrospectively and proactively ensure continuous improvement of service performance.
Engage front line colleagues through effective communication, active listening and recognition.
Work within and embed the divisional governance framework set by the Operations Steering Group, ensuring that the operational excellence policies and procedures are adopted within the depot.
- Management of the depot operations team in accordance with FirstGroup policies, standard operating procedures and all relevant legislation
- Work with the Training function to ensure that operational teams are competently trained, and to achieve agreed establishment requirements
- Manage driver performance and carry out job chats
- Support the induction and development of an engaged, talented and high performing operations team, nurturing an innovative and continuous improvement culture
- Conduct any disciplinary, grievance or absence management reviews
- Maintain accurate records for all aspects of operational standards and performance, including maintenance of employee records
- Improve operational performance in a sustainable manner, with a key focus on improving lost miles and punctuality, resulting in delivery of agreed key performance indicators
- Manage supervisors to create alternative disruption plans; liaising with and providing information to all relevant colleagues
- Ensure collaboration between operational and engineering team members, fostering excellent working relationships between drivers and Supervisors to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Deliver agreed performance improvement plans and operational costs within budget
- Ensure an effective working relationship with recognised trade union representatives and officials
- Other duties commensurate with the role as may be deemed appropriate by the line manager
- Be commercially aware and a confident leader who can drive continuous improvement, set clear performance expectations and identify ways to do things even better
- CPC Qualified or have a desire and willingness to undertake full CPC Training
- Take new challenges in your stride and be able to deliver quality services in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Have experience of keeping everything running smoothly by putting plans into action, making full use of resources and creating a great team spirit
- Be a superb communicator who isn't afraid to challenge practices, behaviour or ways of doing things to provide our customers with amazing experiences
- Have the agility and resilience to balance costs and operational needs with looking after your team, making sure everyone is productive and feels valued and happy
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:39
- Location:UK Bus - South Yorkshire
- Salary:£33,000 - £36,500
- Closing Date:10 February 2023