We are looking for a Stores/Parts Person to join our team in Halifax!
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you'll earn a good salary and great benefits (see below).
We'd love to hear from if you have an NVQ level 3 in Vehicle Parts Management or City and Guilds Vehicle Parts Technician equivalent - A working knowledge of INFOR would be ideal but not essential
About the role
As a Stores/Parts Person you will assist the Stores Manager to provide an efficient stores service to the depot, effectively supporting engineering maintenance, delivering excellent customer experience.
You will identify and resolve day to day stores issues, providing updates and escalating key issues or concerns to the line manager.
What will you be doing?
- Support the Stores Manager to ensure optimum management of material and fuel stocks, and the accurate and timely processing of warranty claims
- Ensure the availability of vehicle parts and fuel in line with the depot requirement
- Comply with procedures for Surcharge/old core returns to Suppliers
- Keep up to date on any fleet changes and manage stock levels accordingly
- Comply with procedures for bulk fuel deliveries and the reconciliation of fuel stocks
- Ensure compliance with Requisition to Pay procedures
- Ensure stores areas are kept clean and tidy, and stock is stored in a secure, safe, and efficient manner
- Support the Engineering Manager to monitor and manage stock usage
- Maintain relevant business systems to accurately records all aspects of stock management
- A working knowledge of INFOR would be ideal but not essential
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands such as: Tesco, Argos, Sainsburys, Asda
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:40
- Location:UK Bus - Halifax Bus Station
- Salary:Annual Salary