Transport Claims Handler
As a Transport Claims Handler, you will be answering inbound and outbound calls, in relation to insurance claims from members of the public and staff members.
You will enjoy engaging and communicating with a wide range of people, taking information from them efficiently whilst providing excellent customer service, in order to assist in investigating their claim.
You will not only be dealing with telephone calls, but also completing admin tasks back office to assist in the process and payment of successful claims.
This is a full-time role working 35hrs per week, Monday – Friday, on a shift basis;
Early Shift – 8am until 4pm / Mid Shift – 10am until 6pm / Late Shift – 12pm until 8pm
We appreciate how important it is for our employees to have the flexibility of working from home, so once you are fully trained we are looking to implement hybrid working.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring all new telephone notifications are dealt with in accordance with TCL standard operating procedures (SOP's) and adhering to key performance indicators (KPI's), in a proactive, efficient and effective manner
- Maintaining a consistent approach to inbound and outbound call handling. Being proactive whilst achieving delivery of world class customer service.
- Achieving full compliance with agreed best practices, as laid out by TCL Management and the FRU Team Manager
- Assessing liability and dealing with all calls within your authority levels
- Planning and managing your own workload, ensuring maximum quality and excellent throughput
- Ensuring operational excellence, by adhering to best practice in all claims and administrative processes
- Escalating all queries beyond your technical and/or authority levels to your Team Manager
- Assisting with any other tasks / projects, at the request of your line manager and / or the TCL Management Team
- Adhering to all FirstGroup and TCL policies and procedures
What are we looking for?
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills are essential
- Demonstrable ability to listen, empathise and engage with staff and customers alike
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good communication skills and ability to assimilate information quickly
- Ability to gain information with clarity and consistency, ensuring service standards are adhered to at all times
- Computer Literate
Rewards & Benefits
- Reading Town Centre office (opposite the train station)
- Competitive salary of £19,500 rising to £20,000 after 6mth probationary period. *Potential to move up to a Senior First Response Technician with a salary of £21,500 per year if a Technician shows consistent high performance
- Basic heath insurance cover (after probation period) with the option to upgrade
- Hybrid working (Coming Soon!)
- Free bus pass for you and your family on joining
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- First Xclusives – Discounts on many high street brands, supermarket's, holiday's and cinema tickets, to name a few
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as London/Edinburgh for £6!
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Shares scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Bus
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:35
- Closing Date:31 March 2023