Customer Service Advisor Tier 5 (Part-Time Weekday Evenings)
As a customer service advisor at First Customer Contact you will be the first point of contact to our passengers who require assistance. You will be dealing with customer contact through a range of channels and provide verbal and written support to our passengers efficiently and effectively, aiming for a first contact resolution.
Our delivery teams are responsible for,
- handling customer queries,
- handling customer complaints,
- handling customer bookings,
- general assistance & information,
- ticket sales, amendments, or refunds,
for our passengers on six of FirstGroup's train operating companies. You are expected to handle each customer with empathy, professionalism, and an enthusiasm to provide the best customer support. You will respond to inbound calls, emails, and cases from our customers, working through these and maintaining accurate records and correspondence with them.
3 weeks of interactive training. Please note, you will need to be available for the full-time training period starting 3rd July.
You will be required to work 4 evening shifts between Monday and Friday, between the hours of 4pm and 11pm.
Please note the advert may close ahead of the scheduled end date if a sufficient amount of applications are received.
About First Customer Contact
First Rail is one of the UK's most experienced rail operators, carrying more than 345m passengers across four franchises (Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, TransPennine Express and Avanti West Coast) and our open access operator (Hull Trains and Lumo). We operate all types of passenger railways - intercity, commuter, regional and sleeper services.
We are continually seeking ways in which to improve the experience for our customers and the environment for our colleagues. Our modern Customer Contact Centre, based in Sheffield centre, will therefore use industry leading systems to deliver excellent customer service and ensure that customers are speedily and effectively supported.
Our Customer support teams are responsible for a variety of customer enquiries which range from passenger assistance to processing customer compensation claims to complaints handling and general enquiries.
- A Travel Pass which entitles you to free travel on the FirstGroup Bus.
- Discounted travel for you and your family on our trains (Avanti West Coast, Great Western Railway, Hull Trains, Lumo, Trans Pennine Express and Southwestern Railway) after 6 months of service
- 25 days holiday pro-rata (plus Public Holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership to help you stay fit for less
- Discounts at over 100 retailers, including well-known high-street shops, cinema tickets, flights, and holiday bookings through our in-house rewards package.
- Discounts on selected local retailers & brands
- Engaging and vibrant environment
First Customer Contact aims to attract high calibre applicants by ensuring that recruitment and selection processes are effective, systematic and fair, and promote equality of opportunity regardless of any protected characteristic as defined by the Equality Act 2010, membership of any trade union, or social class or background.
- Company:First Customer Contact Ltd
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:22
- Location:First Contact Centre, The Square Sheffield
- Salary:£12.00 p/h
- Closing Date:6 June 2023