Who Are We?
First Rail is one of the UK's most experienced rail operators, carrying more than 345m passengers across three franchises (Great Western Railway, South Western Railway and Avanti West Coast) and our open access operators (Hull Trains & Lumo). We operate all types of passenger railways - intercity, commuter, regional and sleeper services.
We are continually seeking ways in which to improve the experience for our customers. Our Customer Contact Centre will therefore use industry leading systems to deliver excellent customer service and ensure that requests are speedily and effectively resolved.
Our delivery teams are responsible for a variety of customer support matters which range from processing customer compensation claims to complaints handling, group bookings and assisted/special services, quality assurance and fraud prevention and detection and retails sales to individuals and corporates.
What is the Role?
As a Team manager, you're responsible for looking after your team on a day-to-day basis, provide regular coaching to increase agent productivity. Along with reporting issues to your operations manager and ensuring that all return to work, documented discussions and disciplinary conversations are conducted as appropriate.
What are the Key Responsibilities?
- You can act as a point of contact for enquiries, sharing knowledge and identifying coaching and development, carry out 121s and development plans, motivating and engaging your team.
- You can manage your team's quality and efficiency and, have worked with KPIs.
- Have excellent written and spoken English.
- You can work to strict deadlines and prioritise your time efficiently.
- You are thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- You can empathise with others and work well within a team.
- Have an ability to work with various stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Able to adapt to an ever-changing customer services environment.
- Have good IT skills and can learn new technology and processes quickly.
- Committed to working a regular shift pattern from 6am to 11pm, Monday to Sunday, typical 6 week rotation including the below shift times, however work outside these times may be required.
- 08:00 – 16:30
- 09:00 – 17:30
- 10:00 – 18:30
- 11:30 – 20:00
What Are We Looking For?
- Strong attention to detail in terms of data & people.
- Previous Management experience is essential.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise work.
- Able to apply logic and common sense.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability of providing excellence and efficiency to internal customers.
- Experience of building internal relationships.
- Strong IT skills and be willing to learn new software.
What's in it for You?
- A Travel Pass which entitles you to free travel on the FirstGroup Bus.
- Discounted travel for you and your family on our trains (Avanti West Coast, Great Western Railway, Hull Trains, Lumo and Southwestern Railway) after 6 months of service
- 25 days holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership to help you stay fit for less
- Discounts at over 100 retailers, including well-known high-street shops, cinema tickets, flights, and holiday bookings through our in-house rewards package.
- Discounts on selected local retailers & brands
- Engaging and vibrant environment
- Team outings & competitions
First Customer Contact aims to attract high calibre applicants by ensuring that recruitment and selection processes are effective, systematic and fair, and promote equality of opportunity regardless of any protected characteristic as defined by the Equality Act 2010, membership of any trade union, or social class or background.
Please note this advert may close before the stated closing date if sufficient applications are received.
- Company:First Customer Contact Ltd
- Website Skillset:Customer Experience
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:First Contact Centre, The Square Sheffield
- Closing Date:25 September 2023