We are looking for an experienced BPC developer to develop planning solutions within the Rail BPC platform.
The initial focus of the role will be on SAP BPC Modelling, but there will be opportunities to gain experience on SAP BW, SAP HANA and SAP BusinessObjects.
The role will involve working with IT and business stakeholders to understand requirements and working with users to ensure developments meet the business need.
Reports to: Head of MI
Based: London. May be required to travel to other sites as requested
Develop high quality solutions to meet business requirements:
- Design and develop end to end BPC solutions
- Work with stakeholders and users to understand requirements
- Proactively identify and resolve issues
- Support internal teams and users according to agreed service levels
- Deliver and/or coordinate training for new solutions or tools
- Work with product and project managers to maintain roadmaps
- Ensure library of technical documentation is maintained and regularly updated
- Assist in developing the technical roadmap for SAP BPC and keeping this under regular review
- Keep management informed of technology trends and developments and advise on commercial implications and associated business opportunities.
- Experience developing using SAP BPC NW 10.1 Standard (2 years +, 2 Lifecycles +)
- Experience in BPC script logic
- Experience of all the essential phases of project implementation, i.e. Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Go Live
- Experience of supporting production environment, ensuring robust system performance and issue resolution
- Understanding of FICO, mainly planning, budgeting and consolidation processes
- Good stakeholder management, both technically and business driven
- Team player, who can operate effectively as part of a team, working with colleagues to overcome challenges
- Self-starter with an enthusiasm to learn
- Experience of advanced logic creation for BPC in ABAP
- Experience of SAP BW Modelling and BEx Query Designer
- Experience of SAP Business Objects Reporting tools
- Experience of SAP Integrated Planning
- Working knowledge of SAP NetWeaver, and operating environment (ie Databases, Operating Systems, networking, applications)
- Service Management and change management
- Broad technical and IT infrastructure knowledge
- Performance and delivery oriented
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of business audience, to ensure their requirements are understood and prioritised
- Willingness to confront and ask probing questions to understand colleagues needs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Operate effectively in unfamiliar environments, remaining calm under pressure and agile in approach
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Transparent and open style
- Excited by a challenge and enthusiastic about developing the wider team
- Takes responsibility for personal objectives
What you'll get in return?
- Minimum of 10% contribution to your Pension (5% employer and 5% employee)
- 25 days Holiday plus National Bank Holidays
- Travel Offers for Bus and Rail*
- Free Bus Travel on your local FirstGroup Operated Network
- Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a Charity of your Choice
- Shopping Discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
- All employee Share Schemes*
- Save as You Earn - gives you the opportunity to save a regular amount each month for three years. At the end of the savings period, you can use your savings to buy shares at a discounted price set at the start of the Scheme or take your savings as cash.
- Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares.
- Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
Interested? Apply Today!
- Company:First Rail Holdings
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:Capital House, London
- Closing Date:30 July 2021