Who are we?
FirstGroup plc is a FTSE 250 constituent and leading transport operator in the UK. During the last year around 2 billion passengers relied on us to get to work, to school or college, to visit family and friends and much more. Each day every one of our 100,000 employees works hard to deliver vitally important services for our customers. We are one of the UK's most experienced rail operators, carrying around 140m passengers across our three franchises and our open access operation.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking to expand our rail consulting team with a number of Product Delivery and Project Management positions on a permanent basis. The consultancy team provides support, including project management expertise, to our family of train operating companies, including West Coast Partnership Development, the shadow operator to HS2.
You will provide professional Project Management support to projects and / or products across our businesses. You'll work from our central consultancy team on a variety of changing projects across different businesses. This will give you a unique opportunity to develop knowledge of different areas and teams.
You'll deliver projects/products, ensuring that they are run and managed correctly and will provide reporting and project management support to business team or area you are assigned to. Projects will vary in size, value and complexity.
What key skills will I need?
- Plan, manage and implement projects across the allocated projects and/or products; this includes systematic reporting and alignment with defined Governance and use of mandated tools such as P6, Workfront and Corestream
- In particular a priority and focus should be given to the delivery of the Committed Obligations or other key deliverables as specificed in the franchise agreement orother business plans
- Support appropriate risk analysis, management and reporting at project and programme level in line with agreed governance procedures
- Track progress and provide regular reporting for your project(s) to a variety of stakeholders
- Support management of project finance and associated approvals and reporting
- Implement the defined Programme Management Methodology (PMM) components into projects
- Provide project management support to subject matter experts on the teamEngage with senior stakeholders, representing the company values and vision, both face to face and virtually
- Offer and provide support to other project managers and projects across the business to enable a stronger project management community.
- Commitment to continuous improvement including Post Implementation Review, regular reviews throughout the lifecycle and documentation of industry and business processes and procedures to ensure they can be consistently delivered and communicated.
What will you need to succeed?
- Are you a project manager who enjoys, driving projects to achieve their objectives with a clear focus on delivering?
- Do you have excellent project management skills; attention to detail; and an ability to build productive relationships with the project team?
- Are you able to work independently, to determine priorities and drive forward projects in an enterprising way?. This is not an IT or technical project role, so is therefore suited to project managers with broad experience or experience in delivering business change.
- Skilled in managing and balancing multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to facilitate, engage and advise across different levels of the organisation
- Ability to work across a number of projects in different subject areas as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders
- Prior experience in the railway sector, operations, Network Rail organisational delivery or in management of report-production (especially in bid environments) is desirable but not essential.
What can we offer you?
- Minimum of 10% contribution to your Pension (5% employer and 5% employee)
- 25 days Holiday plus National Bank Holidays
- Travel Offers for Bus and Rail*
- Free Bus Travel on your local FirstGroup Operated Network
- Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a Charity of your Choice
- Shopping Discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
- All employee Share Schemes*
- Save as You Earn - gives you the opportunity to save a regular amount each month for three years. At the end of the savings period, you can use your savings to buy shares at a discounted price set at the start of the Scheme, or take your savings as cash.
- Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares.
- Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer.
Location London/ Home based pending Covid restrictions
- Company:First Rail Holdings
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:Capital House, London, Home Based
- Closing Date:28 September 2021