Property Project Manager
Who are we?
FirstGroup plc is a leading provider of bus and rail services in the UK. First Rail operates passenger services across four rail franchises, Avanti West Coast, Great Western Railway (GWR), South Western Railway (SWR) and TransPennine Express (TPE) – plus our open access passenger services, Hull Trains and Lumo. We also operate Tramlink in Croydon on behalf of Transport for London and Heathrow Express with Heathrow Airport.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. If you are an experienced Project Manager looking for your next role then we would love to hear from you. The team provides support, including project management expertise, to our family of train operating companies.
You'll deliver end-to end projects or implement products, ensuring that they are run and managed correctly providing reporting and project management expertise to the business team or area you are assigned. Projects will vary in size, value, time, and complexity.
This is a hybrid role that will include travelling to different project sites.
- Support on the development of a Property Project Management overarching Governance structure to align with Group Property Project PMO Methodology.
- Ensure all construction projects are designed, procured and managed ensuring both best practice and best value are demonstrated and that projects are delivered within budget, to programme and to Group Property governance procedures.
- Develop and manage Project Cost Summary and cost monitoring process in order to ensure that the overall project budget remains within the approved CAPEX. In the event of inconsistencies due to unforeseen events, report such matters to the Property Executive team with a view to securing the necessary additional funds or reduce the scope of the works to meet the budgetary requirements
- Ensure that stage targets are met, and corrective actions are instigated following any shortcomings identified
- Monitor the construction phase and take necessary action in order to ensure that the Projects will be completed within the cost and programmed completion date.
- Ensure that Consultants observe the provisions of their appointments including cost control procedures and the change authorisation procedure agreed with the Client. On behalf of the Client, receive the consultant financial statements and submissions and submit to the Client with recommendations
- Ensure project delivery in terms of quality and performance including all necessary backup documents (e.g., warranties, H&S files, etc)
- Continue maintaining a list of Contractor's Project Performance for future appointment
- Prepare and submit monthly Project WIP Status Summary report to Group Property and relevant TOC Executive Team/s
- Attend weekly, monthly and quarterly meeting and embrace Group Property policies and procedures
- Work closely with TOC and Group Procurement Team's to ensure Project management related contracts are efficiently procured with appropriate levels of service and quality in place.
- Build effective professional relationships at project level within relevant TOC's that ensure these key internal customers are fully engaged in and support delivery of the Project management strategies through timely decision making and provision of resources when required.
- Manage the interface of the Project Management Strategy and Methodology with TOC Customer Service Propositions and other industry driven systems (NPS / NR Asset Scoring) to realise full industry benefit.
- Manage the relationship with other industry stakeholders regards property project management including Network Rail, ORR and Df.
- Maintenance of own continued professional development in order to effectively oversee direction and performance monitoring of third-party professional suppliers.
- Property Project Manager with at least 5-year experience of property project management preferably within the rail sector.
- Preferred Chartered Member of relevant Professional Institute (MCIOB, RICS)
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to ensure adequate liaison with all levels of the business that will assist in delivering aspirations fairly and effectively.
Key Safety Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and strategic planning for services and processes for Station and/or Depot premises that support the core business of our Train Operating Companies.
- Responsible for the health, safety, security, welfare and fire safety arrangements of your direct reports including regular safety briefings and training as necessary.
- Responsibility for ensuring all contracts are being operated in accordance with all relevant health and safety legislation
- Setting safety objectives for, and monitoring safety performance of your staff. These will be in support of the Company's Safety Plan.
- Ensuring all hazards, unusual occurrences, unsafe practices and safety accidents / incidents are reported and corrective action is taken.
- Always ensure your personal safety and that of others.
- Ensure messages concerning safety are properly communicated to and understood by all concerned. Participate in safety briefings and meetings.
- Ensure that the outsourced property contracts are effectively managed, and all safety targets are met.
Compliance with relevant TOC safety, environment standards and legislation in this area.
Key Leadership and People Management
Develop & implement appropriate strategies that support the corporate goals of Group Property
Always work in a cross functional manner as is necessary to meet local & corporate goals.
Proactively use the knowledge and skills gained through management development & feedback mechanisms to support your own continuous learning and improved job performance.
- Company:First Rail Holdings
- Website Skillset:Engineering & Mechanics
- Contract Type:Fixed Term - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- If temporary, length of contract:12 Month