Who are we?
First Rail is one of the UK's most experienced rail operators and a leading provider of transport services across the UK, carrying more than 345m passengers across four franchises (Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, TransPennine Express and Avanti West Coast) and our open access operators (Hull Trains and Lumo). We operate all types of passenger railways - intercity, commuter, regional and sleeper services. Our 30,000 colleagues work across the UK to provide easy and convenient mobility, improving quality of life by connecting people and communities. At First Rail, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. At First Rail, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We are currently recruiting for a SAP Trainee to work along side our Applications Support team, with the focus of the role being on SAP platforms that we use within our UK divisions here at First, supporting a variety of areas within the business. Through a mixture of structured training courses, on the job training and valuable hands-on experience, the right candidate will provide first and second line support along side our application support teams and external support partners.
This role will be a hybrid role, with availability to work at home, but ability to travel to offices when required.
- Support and Analysis of SAP Applications
- Work alongside existing application support team to learn the existing set up and processes within First Group, to develop the following skills:
- Triage and resolve issue where possible across FI, CO, MM, SD and user admin.
- Manage creation and removal of users, including the allocation of the correct roles
- Daily system health checks and housekeeping
- Ensure all incidents are updated regularly in support portal
- Providing quality and timely support of SAP business applications in use across entire business.
- Escalate any issues requiring additional support both internally and externally.
- Perform system reviews and limit access to ensure that work is performed in accordance with the security policies
- Project and BAU support to include functional and integration testing
- Prepare and maintain end user training documentation
- Liaison between Business users and 3rd Party support suppliers to facilitate fix or development testing and implementation of changes.
Learning and Development
- Work with the application support team to develop understanding of First Group system set up and processes, to assist with role of systems support
- Work with the Head of Application Support – Finance to identify relevant SAP training course (both online and classroom based) to develop skills and understanding to support the First Group systems
- Create / update documentation of all processes which will be used for both systems support and end-user training purposes
Liaise with the Finance, Procurement and Applications teams to ensure all appropriate ideas for systems improvement and development are taken forward for further consideration
Core skills & competencies
- An analytical perception, a structured way of working and an ability to get things done
- A self-starter who is results-driven with high levels of self-motivation, energy and initiative
- Plenty of drive, curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
Expertise & knowledge
- Understanding of accounting and procurement processes would be an advantage
- Good general IT skills
- SAP ECC/S4Hana/BI
- Excel, Word (essential)
Must have GCSE pass for Mathematics and English
- Minimum of 8% contribution to your Pension (3% employer and 5% employee)
- 25 days Holiday plus National Bank Holidays
- Travel Offers for Bus and Rail *
- Shopping Discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
- All employee Share Schemes *
- Buy as You Earn – allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years to receive the matching shares *
- Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
- Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a Charity of your Choice
* After 6 months employment
- Company:First Rail Holdings
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50