Senior Performance Analyst
First Rail Holdings are looking for a Senior Performance Analyst!
Open to applicants with 4+ years of relevant experience, available at a competitive salary with pension contributions and travel offers.
We are one of the UK's most experienced rail operators, carrying more than 340 million passengers across our four contracted operations: Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti West Coast and TransPennine Express, and also our open access operations Hull Trains and LUMO. Whether for business, education, health, social or recreation – we get our customers where they want to be, when they want to be there. We create solutions that reduce complexity, making travel smoother and life easier. As part of the West Coast Partnership Development, we also provide a range of design, development, and mobilisation services for the High Speed 2 (‘HS2') programme in a joint venture with Trenitalia.
We are recruiting a Senior Performance Analyst to join the analysis team within the First Rail Consultancy team. You will work with our existing businesses on a variety of consultancy and bidding projects to provide persuasive and insightful analysis, and develop operational initiatives to improve train performance, positively impacting both our customers and our operations. This is an ideal time to join the First Rail Consultancy team, as you will be given exposure to a wide range of experiences and developmental challenges, playing an instrumental role in ensuring the future success of the business.
FirstGroup welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
- Developing complex models to assess and forecast operational performance and generating reports / record of assumptions for internal reviews and submission to the DfT;
- Analysing operational performance to provide insights and identify key issues that require further improvement;
- Helping to identify solutions for structural or long-term train performance issues and risks;
- Communicating ideas and recommendations to clients and regularly engaging with colleagues to evaluate business cases and strategy for business initiatives;
- Establishing consistent and clear performance reporting through largely automated reports;
- Coaching other analysts with potential to line manage
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to define opportunities and problems, collect and analyse data, establish facts and make valid conclusions;
- Enjoy working with a wide range of data and stakeholders, with the ability to build productive relationships across throughout the business;
- Have a high attention to detail;
- Commercially savvy, able to challenge your own and other's thinking;
- Be able to work independently, to determine priorities and drive forward projects in an enterprising way to reach challenging deadlines;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Familiarity with SQL (or similar languages) and statistical analysis techniques is an advantage
Qualifications and relevant experience
- Experience of analysing, forecasting and modelling train performance;
- Knowledge of railway industry performance mechanisms;
- Degree qualified with 4+ years of relevant experience in the railway industry;
- Experience of coaching others is desirable
What you'll get in return
- Minimum of 6% contribution to your Pension (3% employer and 3% employee)
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Travel Offers for Bus and Rail*
- Flexible working – a mix of working remotely/in-office with an average of 3 days per week in-office. Note, remote working is restricted to within the UK
- Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a Charity of your Choice
- Shopping Discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
- Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares
- Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment discounted tickets are available to purchase
- Company:First Rail Holdings
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:37.50
- Location:The Point London
- Closing Date:23 August 2022