Remote, North of England
£40,000 – £40,000 Per Annum
First Travel Solutions is looking for Account Manager to provide effective and proactive account management of FTS contracts, ensuring services are provided within agreed terms and conditions and the service level agreements, attending regular client contract review meetings in the North of England.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Account/contract management within a multi-agency environment, previous experience in conducting audits, assessments and/or mystery shops. Self-motivated and able to work in a stand-alone role. Rail industry/taxi industry/road transportation is desirable but not essential. This is a remote role, but own transport is required to attend client meetings.
Welcome to First Travel Solutions:
First Travel Solutions is a dynamic growing business suppling managed transport services to a range of corporate business across the UK and in France. The company operates across a broad range of business clients including airlines, train operators, major retailers, corporate clients and event organisers. Our clients include major airlines, global retailers, travel management companies and rail companies. In addition, the Company provides services at major cultural and sporting events and conferences.
The Purpose of the role:
Act as the main point of contact, heading up the relationship between FTS and assigned clients, serving as the conduit between FTS internal teams and the clients.
Spending time at FTS head office as required, to support and work closely with FTS teams to ensure all planned work is effectively and efficiently resourced, risks are mitigated, and issues are investigated in a timely and robust manner.
Work with the FTS team to manage the complaints process ensuring that all complaints received are recorded and reported on for discussion at Operations meetings.
Follow up and close all complaints within agreed timescales.
Identify root causes and trends, devise and carry out appropriate action plan to avoid any future reoccurrences.
- Own and effectively manage the relationship between FTS and clients and their key contacts.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the contract terms and service level agreements and continually develop innovative strategies to best fulfil the requirements
- Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of client operations to facilitate the contract and service level agreement being met
- Represent FTS at monthly contract review meetings, presenting monthly performance reports, KPI dashboards, highlighting trends and providing feedback on any challenges/investigations
- Identify challenges and opportunity around volume and margin targets and take decisive action with appropriate stakeholders
- Accountability for the commercial arrangements i.e. maximisation of profitability through charging application/cost review, SLA compliance and service credit management
- Work with the Operations Managers, Vehicle Supply and Operator Compliance teams to implement a supplier auditing programme to drive performance improvements to ensure that taxi operators are prioritised and audited against required criteria, including punctuality, driver standards and vehicle standards.
- Support and champion the FTS continuous improvement ethos (ISO accreditation)
- Work alongside the FTS teams and our key suppliers to develop plans to achieve the commercial and customer strategy and objectives of both sides
- Work with the Operations Managers, to develop and monitor effective action plans to follow up on outcomes of internal and external, audits and mystery shops.
- Ensure records are kept to document meeting outputs and actions
- Develop and implement new initiatives to improve client engagement and standards.
- Drive efficiency through a prompt and professional handling of queries that impact the performance of the business
- Identify new processes and ways of working to drive quality and customer experience
- To introduce client satisfaction measurement.
- To liaise with our Operations and Compliance teams to identify process and workflow improvements to improve client satisfaction.
- To attend all internal Operations meetings (H&S, Supplier Management, Operations Managers) to embed the role and ensure full integration of assigned taxi contracts
- To provide support as necessary to one-off major sporting/corporate event operations where required
- To support the Client Account Director as required
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership capability
- Strong Organisational skills
- Able to engage and influence others
- Ability to present detailed information concisely
- Knowledge of the rail industry would be advantages
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solution focused
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Customer focused and committed to service delivery
- Strong commercial awareness and evidence of business acumen
- Ability to create and analyse reports
- Degree level desirable but not essential
Rewards & Benefits
• First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands
• Free travel on our buses for you and your family; £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday entitlement in first year, increasing to 25 after one year of continuous service (plus Bank holidays)
• Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Travel Solutions. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Travel Solutions, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Travel Solutions
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Clayton Business Park, Accrington, Remote
- Closing Date:20 August 2022