First Travel Solutions is looking for Operations Manager to join their team in the South.
The role of the Operations Manager is to provide a local FTS management presence and operational service to customers. The Operations Manager is the primary point of contact for customers, suppliers and coordination staff within the area of responsibility, to work with the Forward Planning Manager and Operations Managers to plan events/operations in accordance with FTS's policies and procedures.
This is a hybrid role with the need to be located within the South Western Railway rail network and the ability to travel. A rail pass is provided for duty travel.
Welcome to First Travel Solutions
First Travel Solutions is a dynamic growing business suppling managed transport services to a range of corporate business across the UK and in France. The company operates across a broad range of business clients including airlines, train operators, major retailers, corporate clients and event organisers. Our clients include major airlines, global retailers, travel management companies and rail companies. In addition, the Company provides services at major cultural and sporting events and conferences.
- To ensure safety standards are maintained at all times during external operational activity
- Support the development of standardised major blockade management plans to include local safe systems of work, traffic management requirements, agreed pick up/set down points and staff and supplier information
- Liaise with external agencies/stakeholders, councils, police, etc. in connection with plans for rail replacement or other FTS operations
- Check vehicle diagrams in accordance with customer specifications ensuring rail/coach connectional times are appropriate for each job
- Support and develop emergency contingency plans for unplanned disruption in conjunction with customer (TOC Control/PIDD Manager)
- Ensure accurate periodic performance reports and ad hoc reports are sent to the customers as specified or required
- Visit coach/bus/taxi operators in accordance with the Area Operator Engagement Plan and provide information to ensure database is updated after each visit/contact
- Seek any new business opportunities for FTS within area
- Build strong working relationship with opposite Operations Manager(s) to ensure all aspects of the role are covered, from operator visits to being visible on the ground during major work
- Responsibility and accountability for Area Coordination Staff - this includes operational and safety line management, recruitment and selection, training and assessment requirements and grievance and disciplines
- To liaise with our Operations and Compliance teams to identify process and workflow improvements to improve client satisfaction
- Provide information to the SLT about Operator Standards, Driver Standards, Coach Standards, and customer perceptions of FTS Service Delivery, recommending where improvements can be made to optimise levels of performance
Skills & Competencies
- Customer engagement skills and commitment to achieving excellent service delivery
- Project management experience will ability to work under pressure
- Strong manager with effective leadership skills
- Ability to engage and influence others
- Ability to develop and implement disciplined practices and procedures
- Solution finder with the ability to deal with complex information
- Financial and budgetary competency
- Sound understanding of the coach & bus market and conversant with industry legislation
- >5 years event/operations planning and management
- Project management & Account management
Rewards & Benefits
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holidays
- Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Bus. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Bus, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Travel Solutions
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:40
- Location:First Travel Solutions - The South, South Bank Central
- Closing Date:5 June 2023