£45,000 – £50,000 Per Annum
First Travel Solutions is looking for Procurement Manager to develop and deliver FTS' supplier management and procurement strategy for managed transport services and support the company's growth aspirations.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience in a procurement role at a leadership level in a similar dynamic business (such as retail) and have experience of managing a supply chain with a large range of small suppliers, highly customer orientated, with good commercial focus and understanding of commercial contracts. Excellent communicator with the ability to influence across a broad range of departments and functions.
The position will require a focus on gaining an understanding of the bus/coach and taxi marketplaces and the legislative and external factors influencing our supplier's business models.
Welcome to First Travel Solutions:
First Travel Solutions is a dynamic growing business suppling managed transport services to a range of corporate business across the UK and in France. The company operates across a broad range of business clients including airlines, train operators, major retailers, corporate clients and event organisers. Our clients include major airlines, global retailers, travel management companies and rail companies. In addition, the Company provides services at major cultural and sporting events and conferences.
The Purpose of the role:
The principal objective of the Procurement Manager would be to further develop FTS' procurement strategy to deliver value, surety of supply, maintain a wide supply chain of high-quality operators and build a robust database of supplier costs to inform future commercial opportunities.
The remit: to develop strong relationships with suppliers and the wider marketplace to provide value to FTS and for the company to be the client of choice for coach and taxi operators. They will need to influence strategy, work with Account Managers to identify resource requirements in the short, medium and longer terms. Contribution to high profile, organisationally complex tenders will be required from time to time. They will establish and manage FTS's preferred supplier scheme including all financial & legal agreements.
Performance Measures / Deliverables
- To ensure our supply chain can meet the quality and compliance standards required by FTS and our clients
- To maximise efficiency through supplier cost control and by ensuring the supply base is optimally sized to deliver our service obligations
- Monitor supplier delivery performance through the FTS business metrics
- Delivery of preferred supplier model covering the needs of our key clients
- Deliver a robust database of supplier costs to support bids for new business
Role & responsibilities:
- Devise and set up a “preferred supplier” model including contractual, financial and quality agreements in line with predicted business requirements
- To ensure sufficient vehicle supply across the FTS network in the UK
- To ensure FTS has agreed costs with our approved bus, coach and taxi suppliers
- Manage the Vehicle recruitment team to hire vehicles to fulfil our client's requirements
- To ensure supplier costs are agreed as part of the new supplier onboarding process
- To work with the Data Analyst to provide the Sales team with supplier costs considering vehicle type, geography & time of year.
- Assist FTS bid teams on larger projects with supply chain costings
- Build links with relevant trade / professional organisations to understand issues impacting upon the market which may impact on rates.
- To be flexible in the duties you carry out, which may vary from time to time depending on the needs of the business and your team
- Undertake any additional duties at the request of your line manager, which are deemed to be within your competency
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be agile and able to respond to changing markets and client requirements
- Must be comfortable and confident working with the FTS team, able to align with and understand clients' requirement, whilst delivering a value for money supply chain for the business.
- Must be able to establish good working relationships with FTS key suppliers
- Basic understanding of business financial statements
- A proven team player with an ability to lead and motivate their direct reports
- Highly customer orientated, with good commercial focus.
- Highly developed presentation skills and ability to interact effectively all levels.
- Ability to quickly understand and interpret data and apply understanding to develop a procurement strategy
- A developed business acumen.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Considers the customer at the heart of everything they do and supports and nurtures an environment of innovation and creativity.
- An ability to work well and effectively and manage relationships under pressure
- Held a procurement role at a leadership level in a similar dynamic business
- Experience of managing a supply chain with a large range of small suppliers
- A degree with a relevant professional qualification (e.g. MCIPS or equivalent)
- Excellent computer literacy in the use of both MS Office and internal IT systems.
Values - Our Way
Our Way is about how we work together. It guides how we make decisions and how we get things done around here. Our Way was created by our people, for our people. It's been built with teams across First Bus, including drivers, engineers, stores, managers, leaders, support functions and the contact centre, to name just a few!
Always Care - We always care and show kindness, every day, to all. Approachable, inclusive and supportive; we embrace everyone's differences to create teams where people feel like they belong to something bigger.
- Show warmth and compassion
- Be fair and respectful
- Listen to other points of view
- Always think about your customer
Do What's Right - We work hard to do what's right. We take ownership and make good choices in all we do. We always put safety and wellbeing first. We talk openly about the things we need to improve and roll up our sleeves to get things done.
- Have a can-do attitude
- Be open and explain the ‘why'
- Do what you say you will
- Do the best you can, every chance you get
Succeed Together - We are one team working together to make great things happen for everyone. We build great relationships and support each other to learn and develop. We appreciate that we all bring different things to our business and always share our successes, however small.
- Work across teams and learn from each other
- Be supportive of other views and ideas
- Offer up your knowledge and experience
- Recognise others, share everyday successes
Shape The Future - We embrace the right opportunities to be bold and brave, asking questions and looking ahead. We find new ways to improve our customer experience. We are proud to build a more sustainable business.
- See possibilities, not problems
- Explore ideas big and small
- Be considerate of others when making decisions
- Never stop learning and improving
Rewards & Benefits
• First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands
• Free travel on our buses for you and your family; £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday entitlement in first year, increasing to 25 after one year of continuous service (plus Bank holidays)
• Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Travel Solutions. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Travel Solutions, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Travel Solutions
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Clayton Business Park, Accrington
- Salary:£45,000 - £50,000
- Closing Date:15 August 2022