Salary: £9.50 - £13.92 p/h
Hours: Varied shifts on an annualised hours contract basis
Location: Various North & South locations across Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, TransPennine Express and Avanti West Coast rail networks
First Travel Solutions (FTS) are looking for Transport Co-ordinators, to be the face of our brand at our key train stations!
Do you have a passion for transport and customer service? Are you happy to work weekends and would like to work flexible hours to suit you at a competitive rate of pay? If so, this Transport Co-ordinator role sounds perfect for you!
As a Transport Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the safe and timely operation of our rail replacement bus and coach services at a train station near you, with the safety of our passengers, colleagues, the public and yourself being paramount! Our Transport Co-ordinator's provide assistance and information to passengers and consistently demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
PLEASE NOTE - This is a physical role, as not only will you be on your feet for long periods of time, but you will also be working outside in all weathers - sometimes without shelter, depending on the station facilities and operational plan and you will be required to assist passengers with luggage.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to health and safety reasons, ideally you will be 21 or older to apply for this role or be able to demonstrate your maturity and confidence in making safety critical decisions. Ideally you will have access to your own transport…
Welcome to First Travel Solutions
First Travel Solutions (FTS) is the provider of rail replacement services to several First Rail Holding's rail companies, including Avanti West Coast (AWC), TransPennine Express (TPE), Great Western Railway (GWR) and South Western Railway (SWR). We provide our services during times of rail disruption to ensure that passengers can continue their journey seamlessly and with minimal disruption.
We are committed to delivering excellent customer service to our rail customers and their passengers and we deliver this through our dedicated team of Travel Coordinators and approved network of vehicle suppliers.
As the UK's leading supplier of vehicles for time sensitive, critical passenger movements, we also provide varied types of passenger transport nationwide, from single vehicles to multiple buses and coaches for sporting, cultural and corporate events.
About the role
To enhance our services for our rail clients, we are expanding our team of Transport Coordinators to work on our rail replacement services. The AWC, TPE, GWR and SWR networks operate at hundreds of railway stations across England and into Scotland. You need to live within at least 1 hour's travelling distance from at least one key station, on any of these rail networks.
You would be working on an annualised hours contract (minimum 10 hours per year). Shifts are largely at weekends and are offered as and when we have rail replacement operations running, giving you a variety of shifts times, locations and working hours to choose from. For this reason, our Travel Coordinators come from all walks of life and many choose to work for us alongside other jobs.
You will be a great ambassador of FTS, resilient, collaborative and caring. Working as part of a team, you will balance great customer care with the highest safety standards at all times.
North Stations – Edinburgh, Lockerbie, Glasgow, York, Hull, Cleethorpes, Grimsby Town, Barnetby, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Sheffield, Garforth, Leeds, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Stalybridge, Penrith, Oxenholme, Carlisle, Lancaster, Preston, Blackpool, Wigan
South Stations - Wolverhampton, Sandwell & Dudley, Birmingham New Street, Birmingham International, Coventry, Lichfield Trent Valley, Tamworth, Nuneaton, Rugby, Northampton, Milton Keynes
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiastic and approachable
- Experience of working in the road or rail transport industry (desirable)
- Commitment to providing consistently excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communicator
- Patience, resilience and ability to work well under pressure
- Confident working independently and using your own initiative
- Flexibility to work a variety of shift times, including early mornings, evenings, late nights and weekends
What can we offer you?
- FTS Uniform
- 12.1% holiday allowance on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive induction training
- Free bus pass for you and your family
- First Xclusives – Discounts on many high street brands, supermarket's, holiday's and cinema tickets, to name a few
- First My Rewards - Discounted train travel for you and your family after 6 months service – travel as far as Edinburgh for £6!
- Generous pension and shares scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr, 365 days a year mental health support
Face to face interviews will be held in Carlisle, Birmingham, London or Leeds between 3th – 18th August 2022 at the below locations:
- Accrington - 3rd of August and 16th of August
- Birmingham - 10th of August and 18th of August
- Carlisle - 11th of August and 16th of August
You will be required to complete two days of paid training before beginning in your role, which will be held in Carlisle, Birmingham, Leeds or Accrington between 5th and 8th of September.
- Monday 5th September – Carlisle
- Tuesday 6th September - Office
- Wednesday 7th September - Birmingham
- Thursday 8th September - Leeds
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Travel Solutions. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply now! We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Travel Solutions, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Travel Solutions
- Website Skillset:Customer Service
- Contract Type:Permanent - Part Time
- Contracted Hours:10
- Salary:£9.50 - £13.92 p/h