Swindon, SN1 1HL
£33,000 – £33,000 Per Annum
First Travel Solutions is looking for Vehicle Recruiter to provide effective recruitment of vehicles for planned operations.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of dealing with people over the phone, excellent customer service skills, proven track record in negotiation/sourcing/procurement, be able to work on own initiative and have excellent problem-solving skills.
Welcome to First Travel Solutions:
First Travel Solutions is a dynamic growing business suppling managed transport services to a range of corporate business across the UK and in France. The company operates across a broad range of business clients including airlines, train operators, major retailers, corporate clients and event organisers. Our clients include major airlines, global retailers, travel management companies and rail companies. In addition, the Company provides services at major cultural and sporting events and conferences.
The Purpose of the role:
Working within the Internal Operations Team ensuring the effective recruitment of vehicles for planned operations within the scope of the Vehicle Recruitment policy and in accordance with FTS terms and conditions.
- Recruit vehicles for planned customer requirements in accordance with FTS terms and conditions.
- Oversee vehicle procurement to ensure the risk of omissions and errors are mitigated
- Support line manager in development of Vehicle Recruitment policy
- Ensure vehicle procurement is compliant with client contractual requirements.
- Produce internal and external monthly reports as required
- Negotiate vehicle prices within the scope of the Vehicle Recruitment policy and agreed pricing structures. Ensure all vehicles are accurately priced and recorded in GTI according to rates agreed with operators.
- Accurately build jobs in GTI and update information as necessary. Allocate operators to jobs in GTI and enter special notices where Control team action is required.
- Record and action any changes with planned schedules including cancellations and booking amendments.
- Ensure the best use of vehicles depending on customer requirements and area and tag vehicles where possible.
- Monitor vehicle and driver standards ensuring they comply with terms and conditions and liaise with compliance department as required.
- Act on issues raised in Coordination audits with vehicle suppliers.
- Issue drivers' packs, special notices and pace notes to operators in a timely manner.
- Deal with day to day enquiries or queries from operators.
- Compile and issue customer reports in line with agreed customer requirements.
- Carry out any additional customer specific tasks, requests for information, reports or enquiries.
- Where required, respond to customer complaints to achieve a satisfactory outcome and escalate with the relevant Manager as required.
- Maintain professional working relationships with vehicle suppliers at all times.
- Obtain coach booking quotations for private hire events as required.
- Be flexible in the duties you carry out in order to support fluctuating workloads within the Internal Operations team and to meet the needs of the business, including duties relating to the recruitment of all vehicle types.
Knowledge and Skills
- Flexible attitude and strong ethos of team working
- Solution focused
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Knowledge of the rail industry would be advantages
- Good level of financial competency
- Works well under pressure
- Good geographical knowledge
- Transport industry/legislation knowledge and understanding of drivers' hours regulations (desirable)
Rewards & Benefits
• First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands
• Free travel on our buses for you and your family; £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, Trans Pennine Express, Hull Trains
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday entitlement in first year, increasing to 25 after one year of continuous service (plus Bank holidays)
• Pension scheme and chance to buy discounted First Group shares
We put a big focus on physical and mental wellbeing at First Travel Solutions. We recognise that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strain of work, or life outside it. You'll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you will have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
Please apply now. We look forward to receiving you application.
Public transport serves everyone, whatever their differences. At First Travel Solutions, we want to be an employer open to you, no matter what your differences are. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation because diverse backgrounds, thinking and experiences bring so many benefits to our customers, communities and people. We welcome applications from all.
- Company:First Travel Solutions
- Website Skillset:All Other Roles
- Contract Type:Permanent - Full Time
- Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Swindon Station
- Closing Date:20 August 2022